Throttle issues

ThouShalstDie

I'm having a bit of a dispute with some others. What's happening is, when I'm driving my car if I press the throttle all the way to the floor after shifting from 1st-2nd it will bog out. almost as if its misfiring. It has new spark plugs (properly gapped) and new plug wires (properly installed) I think its my distributor going out and others are saying fuel pump. But the fuel pump doesn't make sense to me because its only after shifting. Any insight will help. Thanks!

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
possibly jumped a tooth on the timing beltbut start with the cheap stuff like what you said with the distributor

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

rsdc2

had the same problem with a gsr it turned out to be the mass air flow sensor but at idle it was also a little low it would idle around 700 but under load it would do exactly what your describing

Amiguel6

had the same problem with a gsr it turned out to be the mass air flow sensor but at idle it was also a little low it would idle around 700 but under load it would do exactly what your describing
Isnt idle @ 700 normal?

rsdc2

ment 600 sorry i was barely running and map sensor my bad been working too much lol