tranny oil

soulboarder

so i was reading today and in the tranny is plane old engine oil (10/30, 10/40 etc depending on weather) how benificial would it be to change the tranny oil every oil change? i do have access to any type of oil that i need, and does any one run anything else in there tranny? any affects?

01FTW

so i was reading today and in the tranny is plane old engine oil (10/30, 10/40 etc depending on weather) how benificial would it be to change the tranny oil every oil change? i do have access to any type of oil that i need, and does any one run anything else in there tranny? any affects?
Always use hondas transmission fluid.

And changing tranny fluid every oil change is like wiping your ass after every time you piss--it serves no purpose.

soulboarder

im sure u wouldnt have to use hondas oil, as long as the oil u get conforms to the API grade SJ or better. and really theres only 2.4 quarts in there.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the Honda MTF contains more calcium than synthetic and conventional oil. If you track your car this would serve a purpose to change your oil before and after a track session just like your oil, reasoning is that motor oil is cooled by several things, radiator, oil coolers etc.But other than that you can change it every 15000 as recommended by Honda.