Transmission fit question.

raytheater

Hello,
I'm working on my 1990 Integra and have a little transmission problem. I think the auto trans in the car shift a little too harsh and I am sure that it will need to be replace soon.
So here's the question, are there any other auto trans from Honda or Acura line that will fit a 1990-1993 Integra?
I am going to hit the junk yard and want want to have options.
Thank you for the help..

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i wouldnt do that. id pay to get it fixed rather than replaced. you dont have any idea what condition a used tranny is.

i recently fixed the civic i used to own. it slipped in 1st gear of 'DRIVE' and it up/down shifted hard. yeah it was $1200 but it shifted like it was brand new. i had no doubts that it would give me or the next owner any problems.

raytheater

It's not that it is bad or slipping, it just shift really harshly sometimes. I'll take it to the transmission shop.

emd513

I know some will have something stupid to say but if you do not use Honda transfer fluid it will cause that and can cause slipping. Had it happen in multiple Honda's and e erytime we have changed the fluid with Honda fluid it stopped but if you change it with anyother it stayed or even got worse. Remember that. And if your going to swap then get a junkyard transfer and have it rebuilt same price either way. I know all 5 speed Integras interchange and I think prelude as well correct me if I'm wrong guys