Transmission gearing help Please

circletrack17

We race our 92 integra ls on a 1/4 mile circle track and i am having final gearing issues. I have the A1 tranny in the car now and running 3rd gear gives us a final of 5.58 and it only turns 5000 rpms which is not enough I can put the ys1 transmission with a final gear of 6.42 in it but with our tires of 73" circumferance it will turn 6200 and i wanna turn the motor at 7100 rpm due to the way the track is formed . I can get one of them in 2nd gear to a 8.11 final and put 79" tires on the car but it turned 7200 rpms about 1/2 way down straight away so that is too much . So now my question ..... I need a final drive around 6.90 to 7.70 so is there any way to swap gears in these cable transmission from one to another to get what i need because i cant find a final gear between 6.42 and 8.11. or a gear i can buy to get what i need????? Or any advice of another way to get what i need........ Any help would be very grateful ...... Thanks...............confused in Ohio............

circletrack17

Yes we could but have to convert it over to a cable. I seen were the s80 is a perfect fit but to buy one is around $1000 . Wow.We love racing but that is alot ....lol.......... any advice?????????

TJ13

Hello fellow circle tracker! I have a 93 teg. I run just under a 1/4 mile track in second gear. I bounce the limiter coming into each corner. Stock 14's with 185-65s.