Transmission question

Sp7810

Just noticed this the other day and wasn't sure what went here if anything. Please help....I believe this is on top of the transmission. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry if it is wrongly categorized or whatever.

It is located under that extension

Last edited:

TegraTiger

It's just surface rust. nothing major. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, your engine looks real dirty anyways. That crusty stuff looks like battery acid, I'd address that issue right away. That bracket holds the clutch cable, and provides a place for an engine lift (the ring). Honestly, the only way to rid the rust is to remove the bracket, and then sandblast it. But like I said, it's just surface rust.

Just noticed this the other day and wasn't sure what went here if anything. Please help....I believe this is on top of the transmission. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry if it is wrongly categorized or whatever.

It is located under that extension

Last edited:

Sp7810

I'm not worried about the rust. I was asking if anything hooked into that on the transmission

Sp7810

Alright thanks man. I didn't think I removed anything. Just was worried and thought I'd ask someone's opinion!