what ecu for these mods?

cripemaster

If I use my manual cable trans from my 1990 gs what ecu would I need once I swap in a B20b from a 99-00 cr-v? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

95project_GS-R

if i were you i would stick with the ecu from a 99-00 b20b, my frind has a b20z with an ls ecu and it has some trouble running right and it feels almost like it should have ore power. i would stay away from mixing ecu's with engines there not designed for, just for saftey reasons.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
you can run the b20 using the obd 0 ecu thats' in your car now. just drop everything in, swap over to the b18a1 manifold or an aftermarket one do some custom wiring and your set. if you want , you can convert to obd1 and use an ecu from any manual 92-96 ls,gs,rs, integra. Do some more searching pertaining to parts that you need, but you can bolt the dizzy,alternator,starter, driver side block mount and intake manifold from the b18a1 and swap it over to the b20 along with the mounts from the b18 and it will drop in like it was the original motor.

Last edited:

cripemaster

i mainly wanted the b20 for the power and mainly obd2 so wouldn't i need like an obd2 ecu?

heykosal

Angkorian
If you want OBD-II you'll have to use an OBD-II ECU and various other OBD-II specific parts, which I'm sure you have with the OBD-II engine.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
you can either chip your obd 0 ecu or convert to obd1 and get a chip and management like, chrome,neptune,Hondata...