What kills a 93 Integra LS?

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
The 93 Integra LS is a great car, one of the best I've ever seen. Still, just like all cars, it MUST have its flaws deep down.

Obviously, you can tell that I am a die hard Integra owner. Nothing gets better than early 90's cars, well except for maybe a 69 Charger. Anyways, I have done a lot of maintenance and custom work on my car. I am trying to make it last as long as I can (forever).

*QUESTION*

I'm wondering what usually goes wrong, or fails in an Integra that I can replace or keep an eye out early on to make this car continue to keep running. Right now the car has 235,000 miles on it. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, full tune up ever 10,000. I just put a new clutch in, passenger side CV-joint and valve cover gasket.

What should I look at and look for to keep this car running another 20 years?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
look for rust on the quarter panels especially the rear quarter panels. If there is rubber trim around the rear wheel wells, remove it because it causes rust.

818DA90

Banned
Idle Air Control Valve usually goes bad.

Oil pan is extremely thin so after 250k miles, threads get really weak and oil may start leaking from the plug area. When that happens, you can sometimes fix the problem with a plug with a polyurethane o-ring, or you will have to replace the whole oil pan.

Cam Seals leak sometimes. Did you change that when you did the valve cover gasket?

Make sure your timing belt/water pump gets changed when it should.

Idler Pulley/AC Tensioner usually goes bad and makes a grinding noise while idling and accelerating. Easy fix.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
It wont last forever, nothing does. A full rebuild once it shows signs of a major issue is all you can do. We're spinning metal at 7k+ rpm trying to control an explosion. Eventually it's going to break.

HankcantKook

why is it that i care how i drive in a rental car and they never screw up? i need to learn to drift a nissan verse now the tires are so new it drifts while at a red
and have ontario plates people think i'm canadian so i make them think i am...........Oh didnt know i couldnt park there.ohhh sorry didnt know i couldnt drag race the police

94RS

No fucks given.
why is it that i care how i drive in a rental car and they never screw up? i need to learn to drift a nissan verse now the tires are so new it drifts while at a red
and have ontario plates people think i'm canadian so i make them think i am...........Oh didnt know i couldnt park there.ohhh sorry didnt know i couldnt drag race the police
Can't tell if this is a fail troll, or spam is trying to piece together sentence fragments.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Are the Idler Pulley and AC Tensioner the same thing? Like when I go on rockauto.com to order a new Idler Pulley it shows me Idler Pulley's and Air Conditioner ones.

Which do I order?