What should I get?

BluEditor

Okay, to start off, I'm new here.

About my vehicle and it's history with me:

I've driven my 1991 4 door integra for 3 years now. I wasn't really into modifying my car neither by performance, nor visually. Up until I joined a racing crew called Next Generation. So they all tell me that my car has a lot of performance parts in it, one being the nitrous. It doesn't have the tanks, as I bought the car as is, but it does have the hoses leading to the trunk, and some stuff under the hood. There are also others, but not much of what I'm interested in yet.

So I was on my way to the tracks for the first time 2 weeks ago, and my car stops accelerating on the freeway! I had to keep my car on neutral from the fast lane, and basically glide to a near ramp exit... for one, I forgot to check my car's oil... and so the motor is gone. A friend from the crew tells me it has something to do with the nitrous being shot into the stock engine. I don't know, but the point is that I had to buy a new motor. I came across a '92 ls motor, and that's what I'm working on right now.

(If you don't want to read my history, read from this paragraph down.)
I want to get a stage one clutch and flywheel, but I'm wondering what's the cheapest set. I also bought a new blox manifold from a friend, but without the gasket. Do I have to buy the blox gasket online? because it's kind of expensive, but worth it? I'm already going to get the whole top gasket set, and I've already checked the manifold gasket that it comes with, and it doesn't fit the manifold that I bought. Is there anything else I should consider buying before I put the motor back together, and into the vehicle?

BluEditor

Actually, do I need to buy a stage one clutch?

I also forgot to mention that I'm using the tranny from the '91 motor. Will I have to search for the clutch under '91 GS (original) or '92 LS?

Last edited:

luis26

91 tegg
sD

first thing first :make sure the tranny is shidting like butter ,motor and tranny mounts are good and since u have the motor out check all the gaskets,seals,water pump and all that

Last edited:

BluEditor

All gears shifted nice except for 5th. Took out the tranny and the clutch had a big hole in it. So I do need a clutch kit, and gaskets are a must.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Bro, start a build thread; we would all love to meet you. I asked a couple of questions before I introduced myself and I got no responses! Once you introduce yourself, people will begin to recognize you :)

JGvtec

Don't get the ebay coilover kit you will regret it later.

Ebay brand things tend to break easy.

Last edited:

BluEditor

These are pictures of when my car was sitting in the yard because I didn't have job so I couldn't afford to drive it at the time.

Last edited:

BluEditor

The day the engine blew :(

I think the car looks funny here.

I use my GPS for the spedometer because I'm too lazy to fix the dash lights.