where to set my two step using it as launch control??

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
plan on chipping my ecu but Im not really sure on what rpm to set up my 2 step. I want to use it as launch control. Some people told 4000 others said 3500. My Da is stripped down with a b18a1. No REAR SEATS, CARPET, TRUNCK COVER, SPARE TIRER, ANTENNA MOTOR, REAR WIPER MOTOR. Don't wana be spinning tires.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
the 2 step is something you need to be able to adjust yourself at the track. It depends on many factors, especially TIRES. Start at 4 and work up.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
depends on grip level etc. Alot of the heavy hitters will be using laptops etc in the morning of a drag comp;

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have mine at 3K, but I'm always on street tires, and also don't have the necessary mods to eliminate wheel hop.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
5k on a prepped surface with low pressures, like 18psi. I know a lot of people launching at 8k on slicks. Launch control sound weird when it's set really low.

Nick_C78

You want launch control to be set as high as possible without breaking traction...that is sort of the whole point of it. That is going to vary based on trap temps, track surface, tire compound, tire pressure, alignment, power, gearing, etc.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
You have to break traction on a launch in a fwd. I don't hook until like 4500. If you don't spin a bit, bog city.