Which camshafts for a B18a1

broken_scars

hi i am wondering what would be the best street cam for my b18a1. i do not have much experience with them and could use some advice. it is my daily driver. it is a naturally aspirated car and also wondering if i get different camshafts is it a good idea to get adjustable cam gears.

mirrorimg

If you get new cams it's a good idea to get supporting valvetrain(springs and retainers) and a tune.

For an LS, there's only a few options you have. Crower, Brian crower, JG, and used Crane cams. Crane went under a few years ago, so they aren't making any more products. You can put the most aggressive cam you can that's still streetable of you want, but NEED to upgrade the valve train.

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Crower 404's are very popular non-VTEC NA motor cams. They shouldn't be too aggressive for you IMO. It's not 100% necessary to upgrade valvetrain if you keep stock redline. However, it's still a good idea because really aggressive cams will strike the valvetrain with greater velocity and can cause premature wear. Also, an aggressive set of cams are going to require redline adjustments if you want to maximize their power potential anyway.

Get yourself some Crower springs and retainers and you should be good to go.