Which is the better route?

98IntegraRS

My 98 RS looks like a 4x4 monster truck haha

I don't wanna slam to the floor, because frankly I can't, the weather, the roads, hills here make that impossible, I'll probably only drop like... 1 or 2 inches?

Should I just buy a set of lowering springs? OR Should I still buy a set of coilovers even if I'm only gonna lower a bit?

What's the pro's/con's of both from your perspectives, I read acouple articles about lowering springs vs coilovers in general, but not specifically on integra's ;)

IXsokudo

If you like your car but the weather is not so friendly get the coilovers in the summer you can lower it then Jack it back up and rally race it in the winter. If you get springs which I understant are considerbly less expensive you may find your self without a ride during a bad winter storm. Springs depending on what type you get will lower your ride possibly give you better handling if you add struts. Coilovers also lower the car come with struts but it is the quality of coilovers u buy that will determine your over all satisfaction. Here in Cali we are fortunate to have the same weather all year long. But I'm still going with coilovers it just leaves you options.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

dc2teggy7

JCSM JCLIM
get a coilover/strut combo
this way your car wont be so bouncy and you can adjust it whenever you want

fyi: i also live in a city with terribly roads,hills, and rainy,snowy,windy weather in just one week basis