won't go into gear at all.

tru_stunzi

I honestly don't know what happened but here's the story.

I was pulling out of my drive way fine, went into first no problem. But as I was going to take off, there was some shaking, so I was thinking I wasn't putting enough gas. I pressed the gas pedal a little more so it could catch, but all of a sudden it popped out of first on Its own. I tried shifting into first but it wouldn't budge. Not even in any other gear. Clutch pedal was in and all but still nothing. So I tried reverse and it grinded so badly. So I turned the car off and tried shifting. amazingly it went into gear no problem. Weird, but I tried it with the car on again and it still wouldn't go into gear AT ALL. so I tried putting it in first while the car is off and start the car. It stays in first but now it wouldnt come out of first. It was simply stuck.

So I don't know what's going on. I'm guessing pressure plate is bad but I'm no professional. Help please?

tru_stunzi

Well I had went ahead and just bought an exedy stage one clutch kit. So install it and I should be alright you think?

emd513

Had the same thing happen in an s10 and happen to be one of the springs had popped out of the clutch and jammed against the flywheel. Deffinately need a clutch kit though that is the prob.

92_JDM

dang same here, my car is driveless sitting in my garage :(. so its a spring somewhere on the clutch plate that pop out?

MrChunkyMonkey

I need help on my Da9 too! Please help! I had drove the car to my friends house abd everything was fine, I just messed with the motor mount cause it was loose. Then when I was gonna take off it stubble when I let go of the clutch. I checked the transmission oil and it was low so I refilled it up and still... Nothing. When I push the clutch in everything is fine and as soon as I let go it stubbles and dies( and car is on neutral) please help me its my daily driven car