would a lightweight flywheel be beneficial???

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha its all good. I had a buddy with turbo b16 crx and fidanza 10lbs flywheel, car ran 13.5's...put stock flywheel back in went 13.1-12.9 all day long.

dateg88

Ok I have I/h/e and skunk 2 intake manifold how will this flywheel do on my car?? If I rev match n shift good will I see a big difference in my 1/4 mile time or no

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you dont rev match going up the gears, only down, you would see a difference if you can drive. But then again you see a difference in drag times if you go to sea level

dateg88

you dont rev match going up the gears, only down, you would see a difference if you can drive. But then again you see a difference in drag times if you go to sea level
Ok that's what I was wondering an sry about the rev match thing that's the first time I've ever heard of it so I was a little confused lol. Thanks again blue for the quick detailed responses

rybread761

And no, the CRX wasnt boosted. All motor. It scared the shit out of him at first because he would have to bring the revs near 7000 to get any substantial pull. He just didnt like the general characteristics of having a lighter flywheel. He took it out like a week later.

WAR 178

Premium User
just remember this in your choice.... when it comes time to drop in a new clutch, some shops/mechanics dont like to shave/resurface lightweight flywheels. Also I have a Comp Clutch ultra light flywheel(8lb) on my daily(due to getting a deal on it) and my boy runs a 5lb flywheel:shock: on his bubble. It takes some getting used to watchin your RPMs drop the way they do...(instead of a gradual increase/decrease....they jump!)
gl

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I don't care how fast you think you can shift, you'll still drop RPM's quicker with a lightweight flywheel then you would with a stock weight one.
No lift shift, problem solved. :D

Haha its all good. I had a buddy with turbo b16 crx and fidanza 10lbs flywheel, car ran 13.5's...put stock flywheel back in went 13.1-12.9 all day long.
Then it made him slower, not the car. Driven to it's potential, the car would be faster. He just needs to adjust his technique. The heavier flywheel is just more forgiving.

Last edited: