Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl XLVIII Champions

Nick_C78

Between plays that don't end out of bounds, an injury, incomplete pass, or something else that stops the game clock, the offense can line up and hike the ball as fast as they want after the spot, or as slow as their play clock will allow. During those 5-45 that's still play time. When the game clock is running, whichever team has possession, you can bet that coach is telling the players how fast, or slow to set up and hike the ball. It's called controlling the clock...
I am well aware of how it works, but thanks for explaining. You are obviously still confused. I am saying the players are only actually playing for 10 minutes. The rest of the time is spent standing around, talking, and setting up the play...which yes, is controlling the clock, but that doesn't change the fact that they are only actually playing for 10 minutes man.

Nick_C78

if you got nothing good to say about football then why say it all? football is the best sport man.
Because this is a forum. Where people say anything and everything. And it is a car forum at that, which means a lot of us prefer racing over stick and ball sports.

XjoEnX

I'll join and say football ain't exciting. I used to like football when I was younger but realized what a waste of time it was for me to watch it. The last full nfl game I ever watched consisted of a Dallas Cowboy offense that had Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Football is a pointless American sport where the commercials are longer than the game. The soccer World Cup is way more action-packed.

94RS

No fucks given.
Football is a pointless American sport where the commercials are longer than the game. The soccer World Cup is way more action-packed.
My god..... Do you really need to add another stereotype to yourself? :lol:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
agreed. that's one sport, that doesn't do commercials. And I never see a player standing for more than a sec. Besides the Goalie of course