Samurai Blue's Integra Build

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
K20A2 has awesome an awesome rod stroke ratio 1.62:1. Only other engine higher is the B16a but c'mon K20 is world's better, especially if you try out endurance racing one day. Good for you man, can't wait to see the build get modernized was a more current power plant.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
K20A2 should be so fun. Glad to see this thing is still around.
Yeah i really miss building the car though. lol I just kind of beat it up now lol

K20A2 has awesome an awesome rod stroke ratio 1.62:1. Only other engine higher is the B16a but c'mon K20 is world's better, especially if you try out endurance racing one day. Good for you man, can't wait to see the build get modernized was a more current power plant.
Endurance racing i would probably be driving a miata or a bmw. They seem to hold out better than a honda motor. This year we are campaigning an E46 and an NA miata at the 25 hours of thunderhill.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Yeah i really miss building the car though. lol I just kind of beat it up now lol

Endurance racing i would probably be driving a miata or a bmw. They seem to hold out better than a honda motor. This year we are campaigning an E46 and an NA miata at the 25 hours of thunderhill.
Are you a driver or on you on crew?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Some photos from Battle Driven (David Kim) from February.

Justin (Kontrolle Engineering) and I ran Redline Time Attack in February for Round 1 at Streets of Willows. I really dont recommend running anyone running with Extreme Speed track events. They are a total scam. They are a total shit show. We go there, and are told we have to BUY numbers to run their event. There is no mention of being required to run their numbers on your car on the website or in the rules. NEXT - I am bumped into unlimited FWD because i have a cut dash. When asked why i could boost my car and run limited with a non cut dash i was met with 'the rules are written that way for a reason'. After being gifted 1st in unlimited, i am somehow omitted from the results...which they could not provide an answer for or update the results. RLTA and extreme speed are a joke.

Anyways i finally got valve stems for my advanti wheels. I will probably run Toyo RR tires this year.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So lets see...

I think I sold this car in 2019 to a friend. Then purchased this:
2005 AP2.
Coilovers, hardtop, all the OEM+ jazz. I think its currently sitting at 406XX miles.

I have been working with race companies, most recent has been Magic Developed / Moorewood Creative.
We run Spec Miatas and ST5 BMWs out here in California. We were fortunate enough to come in P1/2 in class in 2021 and 2022. In 2021 we were the fastest production vehicle on track (beating Spoon Sports and Honda HPD).

These cars are real space ships. Also got to meet some of my heroes.
1875 1876 1877 1878 1879

I believe I repurchased my Integra in summer 2022. It had some issues that needed to be addressed, but came with a K20a2 in the engine bay. We are currently disassembling the entire car to rebuild it back up and compete in TT5 and possibly ST5. The world of race cars has changed a lot and we are going to modernize the build.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Currently sourcing parts for the K20 rebuild.
Current plans are as follows:
Full rewire of car for simplicity and lightness
drive by wire conversion
AIM PDM installation
Stand alone ECU by MAXX ECU.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
We are going with a BMW dbw throttle body instead of the typical white labeled bosche unit on the grounds that theres a vac port pointed straight to the brake booster. This will require some massaging to work with the RBC manifold.

PDM has arrived. We are going with a PDM08 with a 10" screen from AiM Sports as well as the data hub, and the Blink Marine 8 button keypad. For those of you who are new, the PDM essentially eliminates the fusebox and relays and replaces them with a digital fuse box which uses logic and code to route power. It can also diagnose some electrical problems and let you know if there is an over draw of current in the case of a failing fuel pump. This display will also replace the aim solo and OEM cluster.

My Maxx ECU, this is a stand alone. We went with this over k pro because of better programming, better engine protection, and overall more control over aspects of the engine.

We started laying out the electronics panel for the car. All of these items will be placed on some sort of board in the passenger footwell.

Because we are doing a PDM, all the wiring is removed and we will be replacing the wiring with our own. Purely on the grounds that we can remove old wiring or bad solder joints from having this being a street car with some added security. Next steps will be to prep the interior for paint. having a uniformed interior color makes the car look more 'professional'.

speedin

The Transporter
Amazing you found your old chassis!!! Looking forward to this modernization build, are they old enough to call this a resto-mod build yet?