Car Care/Detailing Thread

94RS

No fucks given.
Currently only have Ultimate for the car and Turtle Wax MAX for the van. I ran out of everything else I had.

Normally I’ll have Ultimate wash & wax and Gold Class on hand, then if something new catches my eye, I’ll try that to see how it compares to the other two.

94RS

No fucks given.
Waxes on the other hand, I’ve probably got 6-7 different types of that [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I’m about out of Wash & Wax, I think I might try Gold Class next time.

I still need to stop being a lazy fuck and find a wax I like.

94RS

No fucks given.
Gold class is probably the best soap I’ve used so far. Thick foam out of the cannon, smells good, leaves paint with that “soft” feeling, but it’s just soap and not a wash/wax. So I try to switch it up every so often, like every third wash is done with Ultimate.

As for wax, I’d suggest picking up a bottle of Ultimate polish and a bottle (or tin) of Ultimate wax, then topping it off with Gold Class quick wax after the curing process (24 hours).

Since the Ultimate Wax is a synthetic, it’s a sealant rather than an actual wax, so you get the longevity and beading, but not as much shine as you would a carnauba (think glassy shine vs show car paint). So adding the Gold Class quick wax, which IS a carnauba, would give you the deep shine that makes the paint color pop. Only bitch about that is, you’d have to redo the quick wax every 3 weeks or so.

R13

The other asshole
Since my shit gets filthy on these nasty ass Tennessee streets I usually do the purple power vehicle and boat first, wash & wax, dry it, then top off with Ultimate Fast Finish

Shit ton of work and products considering it just gets covered in fucking leftover salt/brine, dirt, lawn clippings and all the other stuff that’s all over these nasty roads :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
You’re making more work for yourself with that Purple Power wash. I’m willing to bet that stuff isn’t pH neutral, and you’re stripping your wax when you use it.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, that’s the point :lol:

Seriously though, I can touchless wash the truck, then go back and touch wash it, and if I don’t use something heavy duty/non pH neutral like the purple power the fucking thing will still look dirty after I dry it. I’m not sure what “other” ingredient they’ve recently started using in the brine they use during winter, but it doesn’t like to come off, and it stays on the roads for months.

My mom’s entire truck is sticky from where I haven’t given it a good strip wash since winter. You can hear the door seals cracking and popping as the body flexes, that’s how damn sticky that thing is from whatever shit they’re using to melt the ice.

I’ve considered documenting research about it and throwing out a petition or bringing it to the state/county’s attention because it’s fucking ruining shit in a matter of months.

I put those brand new calipers and rotors on the mustang not all that long ago... had to take them off and clean the rust/corrosion out of them because they started squeaking, slider pins and everything looked like they had taken a battery acid bath