Kirt's Mustang GT

94RS

No fucks given.
A little goes a long way [emoji23]

It’ll have that slimy Armor All look to it when applying (it sprays out like a bluish-white), but it’ll end up looking like mine after you dry it.

R13

The other asshole
Walmart is the best place to buy Meguiar’s products [emoji23]

Both of those were $4 each, I also got a bottle of supreme shine in case the natural shine wasn’t strong enough to cover the ashy console.

Shit smells good too [emoji38]

94RS

No fucks given.
The Supreme shine give it that "wet" look that I hated with any other interior detailers. The best comparison of the two is direct from Meguiars:

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, this console is temporary though because it’s the 99-00 with the useless cup holder so in case it just absorbed the natural shine I figured I’d try the supreme shine for $4.00 to get by, which worked pretty well actually.

Before

After

R13

The other asshole
I did [emoji23]

I did the natural shine before trying that and it did exactly what I said, just absorbed it and looked ashy as fuck [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I emailed Glowshift about a longer power wire for the updated oil pressure gauges because the one they give you is barely 2ft so it’s like 4” short of the fuse box... they replied this morning with a link to extended sensor harnesses...

...The gauge comes with a fucking 9ft sensor wire [emoji23]

It’s not like it’s that far from the fuse box either, the fuse box is pretty much parallel to the gauge on the bottom of the dash.

94RS

No fucks given.
You should see the rats nest that makes up the 3 gauge kit.... That was a bitch to put in my Integra.

R13

The other asshole
I remember the old style oil pressure gauge wire came tangled the fuck up when I put it in my truck :lol:

I facepalmed when I opened that email and it was more sensor wire... I had to tie up a good bit of the 9ft wire, the fuck am I supposed to do with a 40ft sensor wire? [emoji23]

I soldered some strips of wire in and got it... even though I shouldn’t have to for a $90 gauge.

R13

The other asshole
Throw me some ideas here. Gauge cluster customization. Red LED’s are indefinitely happening, but I want it to look better during daylight too.

Stock cluster:

I could do like the Mach and paint the faceplate silver or another color:

I could also do the silver with ring bezels, or just the bezels:

Faux carbon is also a possibility which I’m usually against, but not here entirely:

I had my heart set on this ring/bezel, but it turns out some guy on a forum made them like the quadpod situation, and just like so he dropped off the map and quit making them years ago [emoji49]

If you’ve got other ideas pitch em. I could also paint those chrome rings, I had thought about red because I’ve never seen it done in these cars. I’m also planning on changing the overlay to the retro mach1/bullitt style, but not right now because it’s like $175.

Random red rings to kinda get the mental image:

94RS

No fucks given.
Your car is a 35th anniversary, shouldn’t it have come with a silver face like the one pictured above that says “35th anniversary “ at the bottom? [emoji23]

If it were my car, I’d get the retro faces or even a whole cluster from a Bullitt/Mach 1 and go with the chrome trim rings from American Muscle.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/gauge-rings-9404.html

That’s just because I like old style things though.

For your car, I remember you saying you wanted to get a bunch of billet aluminium interior dress up pieces, so maybe a brushed aluminium bezel
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/291575247280

Still get the chrome rings though if you’re planning red LEDS. If you remember, you weren’t sure that they’d look good on my car, then you changed your mind when I showed this pic where the LEDs lit up the edge of the rings [emoji23] (its more noticeable in person)

94RS

No fucks given.
Something like this might also look good to get rid of that bland ass “90s Ford” font [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
That 35th plate is a custom job, the only thing special the 35th’s had were sideskirts and even those had to be selected as a factory upgrade option :lol:

Stock (look towards the back under the side scoop)

35th

But yeah back on the cluster, blackcatcustoms has a cool retro face, but like I said it’s over $100 so that’ll have to wait.

AM cracks me up with their prices. $40 for those rings... they’re made by spec D...

[emoji23][emoji23]

I think what I might do is make two faces. I kept the cluster face from the parts car, so I think I’ll paint one silver with chrome rings, and the other I’ll wrap in faux carbon, and do the painted gloss red rings to see what I like best. I could always sell the one I don’t like or if I don’t hate them both I could rotate around when one got stale [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
...I never claimed to be a mustang enthusiast, I don’t even talk to other mustang owners, I don’t know shit [emoji23]