Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
I don’t mind the seat, gives me a place to strap bags down without scratching paint/plastic.

Definitely get rid of the wrap before it rusts a fucking hole in that pipe.

I’d probably just do a fairing and a single left hand bar end mirror and call it a day [emoji108]

94RS

No fucks given.
I don’t mind the seat, gives me a place to strap bags down without scratching paint/plastic.

Definitely get rid of the wrap before it rusts a fucking hole in that pipe.

I’d probably just do a fairing and a single left hand bar end mirror and call it a day [emoji108]

Flip the stock mirrors underneath

R13

The other asshole
That too [emoji23]

Deep down I still want that perfect dyna to come along because I’ve wanted one for going on about 4 years, and around here all I see are shitty distasteful sportsters, and road couches... but I’ve noticed I’ve gotten trashier than usual the last year or so... I feel like the XR1200 being kinda sportier and having a more refined culture might help me to not fall into being a total burly bearded biker metalhead fuck [emoji23] and bring me back to my younger days of riding shit that was just fun.

Then I realize I’ll look like Bigfoot on a grom [emoji1787]

94RS

No fucks given.
Agreed. I have no idea what condition this one is in besides the shop owner saying it is a "nice CB." If it is mint and I get it I'll just throw some clip ons and call it good for now. It is a shame to completely chop up mint cars/bikes/etc.

See... this is exactly what I was talking about. Mint bike turned hipster bullshit. Dime City Cycles featured it on their Facebook and everyone is shitting on it [emoji23]

That too [emoji23]

Deep down I still want that perfect dyna to come along because I’ve wanted one for going on about 4 years, and around here all I see are shitty distasteful sportsters, and road couches... but I’ve noticed I’ve gotten trashier than usual the last year or so... I feel like the XR1200 being kinda sportier and having a more refined culture might help me to not fall into being a total burly bearded biker metalhead fuck [emoji23] and bring me back to my younger days of riding shit that was just fun.

Then I realize I’ll look like Bigfoot on a grom [emoji1787]
The XR is more along the lines of an XB than a normal Sporty.... except you’ll be able to get parts easier than me [emoji23] I know there’s a big following of them in Europe, lots of race bits available.

Groms though, those fucking things are smaller than the C70. And even I look big on the C70.... all 5’ 6” of me [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
See... this is exactly what I was talking about. Mint bike turned hipster bullshit. Dime City Cycles featured it on their Facebook and everyone is shitting on it [emoji23]
This is one rare instance where I like everything about the original better...

Why in the hell did they paint the engine? That in no way looks better than the stock black/silver look.

94RS

No fucks given.

Why in the hell did they paint the engine? That in no way looks better than the stock black/silver look.
Check out the fitment of the seat around the back. It’s not even flush with the frame.

R13

The other asshole
That didn’t make the decision ANY easier [emoji23]

It fits me better than a dyna though... well balanced

And of course the guy at the dealership had to tell me how much more fun it is than a dyna, and that it’s just as good on the highway [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
From the dyno numbers I’m seeing on XR1200s with that same V&H setup, it makes pretty much the same as my XB9 with the race kit. (89whp and 71ft lbs).

Put that in perspective, Honda claims the newest CBR1000RR makes 84ft lbs (which really means like 64), way up at 11k RPM. Harley’s make all their power way lower.

Remember, on bikes with that low of a redline (7k on the XR), it’s the torque you’re riding with, not horsepower. (Listen to Erik speak about it if you haven’t already. He’s like an excited kid on Christmas [emoji23])

Anyway, highway speeds in 5th gear on my bike put me at around 4K RPM at 80mph, with redline being 7200. I don’t need to drop a gear to pass since 90 (if I remember right) is around 4300rpm.

Also, you know damn well you’ll be happier with something that has sportbike power and handling than you would a cruiser [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
It’s a tough choice. The dyna is me 100% style wise, but the rowdiness, and the uniqueness of the XR speaks to the dirtbike riding kid in me [emoji23]

And it looks damn good, it’s just a style that only half works with my sketchy biker looking lanky ass [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Looked into it a bit deeper since I'm home. 80mph on an XR is around 4500rpm. Something called the "Scotty mod" lowers 80mph to 4000rpm. Basically what you do is swap the primary drive sprocket and chain. Sound like a Buell mod I've mentioned before? Well.... That's because it is.

The part numbers in the link below, that's the 08-10 XB12 primary's sprocket and chain....

http://www.jp2code.net/xr/scottymod.aspx

R13

The other asshole
Here in TN all the highway speed limits have been dropped to 60-65 so I run 70 everywhere. One thing I’ve been seeing a lot is people mentioning oiling issues at lower rpms in all Harley engines so running it at 3500-4000 might be healthier for it like the mustang. The 4.6 smooths out and runs much happier at 3000-4000 than it does 2800 or lower.

94RS

No fucks given.
It’s a tough choice. The dyna is me 100% style wise, but the rowdiness, and the uniqueness of the XR speaks to the dirtbike riding kid in me [emoji23]

And it looks damn good, it’s just a style that only half works with my sketchy biker looking lanky ass [emoji23]

Get over your personal image, you're fucking harmless lol. I've seen big, intimidating biker looking guys either riding Buells themselves, or at the very least complimenting mine, all the way to the lawyer looking bastards that look like they are normally the type to shop out of the HD catalog for dress shirts... You know the type, I'm sure lol

Image doesn't mean shit if you enjoy the ride though. Also, when the fuck did you start caring what anyone thought?

Here in TN all the highway speed limits have been dropped to 60-65 so I run 70 everywhere. One thing I’ve been seeing a lot is people mentioning oiling issues at lower rpms in all Harley engines so running it at 3500-4000 might be healthier for it like the mustang. The 4.6 smooths out and runs much happier at 3000-4000 than it does 2800 or lower.
Those XR's apparently have two oil pumps. Normal one for the engine, another that goes straight to the oil cooler. From what I can tell, nobody seems to have oil issues on the XR besides a few small leaks on well used bikes. Ya know, since it's basically a Buell engine in the shape of a Sportster engine (post '06, means the bronze oil pump drive gear is in there)

R13

The other asshole
I don’t give a shit what other people think [emoji23] I just like the feeling of looking “cool”. Not in the douchebag way, but more in that way you wanted to look cool as a kid. That’s part of the fun for me, albeit not a huge amount, but it takes away from it if I’m sitting at a light and catch my reflection and see that I look like a fucking dork [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.

Just noticed it on the desktop site... that fucking guy seriously went from a monoshock to twin shocks. Seriously, who the hell does that?

Meanwhile KZ guys convert their bikes to monoshock

I don’t give a shit what other people think [emoji23] I just like the feeling of looking “cool”. Not in the douchebag way, but more in that way you wanted to look cool as a kid. That’s part of the fun for me, albeit not a huge amount, but it takes away from it if I’m sitting at a light and catch my reflection and see that I look like a fucking dork [emoji23]

You're just trying to talk yourself out of it at this point because you know you want the fucking thing lol