Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
More shocks more/better suspension? [emoji23]

I want it, but as like a second bike I ride when I want a change... I’m not sure in the long run I’d be happy with it in the dyna’s place.

R13

The other asshole
It’s not a done deal, and if the Asheville one gets away... that local one is down to $5800 and it’s miiiinty clean.

My heart is just set on a dyna... none of the ones available right now though. I want one that needs less than the one with bags I posted to be murdered the fuck out. One with a good exhaust, and I wanna be able to get T-bars AND the Memphis shades road warrior fairing for it right off the bat. I want something chill because I plan on using it for the 45 minute commute to my gf’s and around town errand BS because all this fucking stupid traffic is killing me in gas even in the mustang getting 26mpg, and I feel like a slow ass torquey dyna would be fun, yet chill and comfortable enough that I’d be happiest on it.

R13

The other asshole
There’s not a single dyna I’m even considering out there... all too far away/too far from what I want.

All joking aside, let’s say the XR1200 slips away before I could snag it... what’s your thoughts on the 1200 nightster?

I already know from the one at Black wolf I like it, and I wouldn’t change a single thing on that one other than maybe dropping the tank back down to stock if that’s an option.

94RS

No fucks given.
That XR isn’t going anywhere. They sold like shit in the US because of lack of interest, not because they weren’t capable bikes... ironically 10 years later, Harley is coming out with another naked sportbike (Streetfighter 975) since there’s now a huge interest in that segment, but that’s besides the point.

Anyway, I don’t mind the Nightster, but I fucking hate those wheels. [emoji23] the tank can most likely be reversed, should just be some risers bolted on. Look toward the steering head.

If you were comfortable sitting on the XR, you won’t be on the Nightster. And your tall ass will definitely be looking dorky as shit on tiny bike since that’s a big deal to you [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I don’t mind the wheels, but I was comfortable on the almost identical orange one... little bit moreso than the XR, but only because the stock bars on the XR are too wide for my liking.

No doubt I will look too big for it, but doesn’t every hipster douche on a cafe bike?[emoji23]

Deep down I want the dyna the most, but I’m not about to wait and wait and wait for one that’ll never come, or settle, and as inflation continues to drive up prices each year... my $5k will stay $5k [emoji23]

At least I could clean up and tastefully mod the XR and sell it to an enthusiast for 5-6k or maybe more later on as long as I keep it maintained.

...that’s assuming I don’t get attached... I said I was going to flip the mustang when I got it and now I’ll die in that bastard before I sell it [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Only reason those bars are so wide is because they wanted to somewhat replicate that “flat tracker” look of the XR750. Now that fucker had some seriously wide ass bars [emoji23]

Simple solution would be to get a superbike bar, which would also lower it, and then chop off an inch (or two) from each side with an angle grinder.

I had to cut off 2.5in from each side of the bars on the C70

Considering it makes about the same power as my bike, you WILL get addicted to the torque of the thing though. I rarely get to ride the XB these days, but when I do, I still get a stupid grin on my face like it’s the first time riding it. The race kit only added to it [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Makes about 8ft-lbs less than an fxdx... but like 30 more horsepower [emoji23] and of course weighs 110lbs less.

Still don’t have the money just yet, and probably won’t have for at least a week, but if my options don’t improve by then, I will probably take the cash and go look at it with intentions to buy it as long as I don’t find out it’s best to shit or something... because the one I looked at today is down to $5800, it’s spotless and bone stock. Doesn’t look like a 32k mile bike at all.

94RS

No fucks given.
Makes about 8ft-lbs less than an fxdx... but like 30 more horsepower [emoji23] and of course weighs 110lbs less.

Still don’t have the money just yet, and probably won’t have for at least a week, but if my options don’t improve by then, I will probably take the cash and go look at it with intentions to buy it as long as I don’t find out it’s best to shit or something... because the one I looked at today is down to $5800, it’s spotless and bone stock. Doesn’t look like a 32k mile bike at all.
So dry weight on the XR is around 560. Now picture that exact same power in a bike that weighs roughly 180lbs less that has better brakes and fully adjustable suspension.... I’ll let you ride it if the opportunity ever comes up [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I’ll be down there eventually [emoji23] My gf wants to go to the keys some time, no way in hell I’m passing up the chance to ride it if I’m that close [emoji1787]

R13

The other asshole
Messaged the guy with the original black fxdx, says he’s supposed to have a guy coming Sunday to check it out.

If that bike sells then I’m either scooping up the XR or that black nightster.