Brian Crower stage 2 cams

FrancoE

I recently installed BC stg 2 cams on my 93 integra . I'm running a B20z with upgrade valve springs and retainers DC header AEM intake and Blox manifold. The question I have is: is it possible to run these cams safely by chipping my P75 ecu. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated if you are running these cams I would like to hear what you did to have them run correctly. Thank you.

whitney

I have built a motor with nearly identical parts -- BC2, JDM B20, dual springs, steel retainers, Skunk intake, ebay header

Short answer is yes, it is totally viable to tune and run this motor with a chipped ECU. We chipped ourselves with a kit from Moates, then went to a reputable dyno tuner to get it tuned, higher redline, etc. He burned a chip and we were all set. ~160 WHP fwiw. Lost some torque from 4-5k but pulls great to 7500 RPM (the most we wanted to run, it's a race engine).

FrancoE

I have built a motor with nearly identical parts -- BC2, JDM B20, dual springs, steel retainers, Skunk intake, ebay header

Short answer is yes, it is totally viable to tune and run this motor with a chipped ECU. We chipped ourselves with a kit from Moates, then went to a reputable dyno tuner to get it tuned, higher redline, etc. He burned a chip and we were all set. ~160 WHP fwiw. Lost some torque from 4-5k but pulls great to 7500 RPM (the most we wanted to run, it's a race engine).
Thank you I appreciate your reply. I will go ahead and install the chip I had made for my car to run this setup and with in two weeks I'll dyno tune it . Thank you