My 94 Integra LS

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Hey just curious for anyone's opinion...since I have my CRX, you think I should just make my integra my road racing car...cuz im looking at different brake pad combos for road racing and if i still drive it daily then i cannot have as aggressive pads for it...

I plan on getting OEM headlights, turnsignals as well, painting the lip, mirrors, and side moldings as well in the near furture.

Here is the brake setup I was thinking about

Brembo rotors all around
Hawk HP Plus (R) and Hawk Blue's (F)
Goodridge SS Lines
Brembo LCF 600 Brake Fluid
Do it. Road racing is awesome!

KrispyWaffles

hey man where do you live? i go to one6. i just went there today actually? how much are you sellin your ingetra for? i am lookin to buy one.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
what kinda tires you think i should get
Definitely need to get some R-compounds. Street tires suck on the track. Under under and more understeering FTL. The Nitto NT-01 is a good tire to go with.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
hey man where do you live? i go to one6. i just went there today actually? how much are you sellin your ingetra for? i am lookin to buy one.
i have my teg for sale on cars.com but ive had it there for 4 years lol...im not really selling it...

yea ive known mark for about 3 years...really good guy

Definitely need to get some R-compounds. Street tires suck on the track. Under under and more understeering FTL. The Nitto NT-01 is a good tire to go with.
yea i was going to go with falken RT 615's until i read ur thread lol

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
yea thats my main focus is brakes and tires for right now...i really want to do a b20/vtec but i figure right now get the stopping/handling finished first...

I have brembo rotors all the way around...i was looking at getting hawk blue pads (200C-1000C) and SS lines

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
yea thats my main focus is brakes and tires for right now...i really want to do a b20/vtec but i figure right now get the stopping/handling finished first...

I have brembo rotors all the way around...i was looking at getting hawk blue pads (200C-1000C) and SS lines
You're in the right direction man. Brake pads and brake fluid are the most important. The Brembo rotors will do a good job. I recommend getting the Motul RBF600 brake fluid. Make sure to get two bottles.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
You're in the right direction man. Brake pads and brake fluid are the most important. The Brembo rotors will do a good job. I recommend getting the Motul RBF600 brake fluid. Make sure to get two bottles.
Yea im either getting Motul or Brembo...brembo just came out with a 600 series brake fluid that from the guys at my work use and they have had good results...

when i replace the brake fluid, should i completely flush the whole system? if so, how do i do that?

edit:... What kind of Wheels should I get to compliment the R-Compounds? do i need better wheels than my Drag wheels?

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
update....

just ordered...

ASR 24mm rear sway bar and rear subframe brace
brembo slotted rotors
hawk hp plus pads
Russell SS lines
Brembo LCF 600 brake fluid

will post pics when the stuff gets to my house...

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yea im either getting Motul or Brembo...brembo just came out with a 600 series brake fluid that from the guys at my work use and they have had good results...

when i replace the brake fluid, should i completely flush the whole system? if so, how do i do that?

edit:... What kind of Wheels should I get to compliment the R-Compounds? do i need better wheels than my Drag wheels?
What kind of R-compounds did you get? Have you been to any road racing events yet?

got the pads, rotors and 24mm sway bar installed...be taking pictures today
Nice!

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
What kind of R-compounds did you get? Have you been to any road racing events yet?
i havent got any R compounds yet...i prolly going to my first event with street tires... JDMxDB8, do you think the rims that I have will be able to endure road racing or should I get another type of rim (their drag dr-20) ??

My first event is going to be in middle of october...its either oct 11&12 at putnam park in Indiana or on oct 13th on the autobahn in joliet, IL the nice thing about the autobahn is that it "full length track" which is like 3.5 miles or so...

yea i also go my CG-Lock and ordered a G-Force Snell 2005 Helmet...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i havent got any R compounds yet...i prolly going to my first event with street tires... JDMxDB8, do you think the rims that I have will be able to endure road racing or should I get another type of rim (their drag dr-20) ??

My first event is going to be in middle of october...its either oct 11&12 at putnam park in Indiana or on oct 13th on the autobahn in joliet, IL the nice thing about the autobahn is that it "full length track" which is like 3.5 miles or so...

yea i also go my CG-Lock and ordered a G-Force Snell 2005 Helmet...
You should be fine with your Drag wheels, but I've seen guys destroy their Rotas on the track. Let me tell you a story that my mentor/tuner told me. He had a customer who tracked his AP2 who had CE28Ns. The guy went off course and spun out. He ended up bending his driver side hub. The CE28N... minor scratches. No bents whatsoever. That's one of the reasons why I went with Volks. Strength, rigidity, and lightness. Also because they're damn sexy.

I recommend you do a few track events with street tires. You'll learn how to drive better starting with S-tires. After you reach your limit, then you can upgrade to R-compounds. I'm going to stick with S-tires a bit longer. Probably for another year or so. I want to improve.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
You should be fine with your Drag wheels, but I've seen guys destroy their Rotas on the track. Let me tell you a story that my mentor/tuner told me. He had a customer who tracked his AP2 who had CE28Ns. The guy went off course and spun out. He ended up bending his driver side hub. The CE28N... minor scratches. No bents whatsoever. That's one of the reasons why I went with Volks. Strength, rigidity, and lightness. Also because they're damn sexy.

I recommend you do a few track events with street tires. You'll learn how to drive better starting with S-tires. After you reach your limit, then you can upgrade to R-compounds. I'm going to stick with S-tires a bit longer. Probably for another year or so. I want to improve.
yea im prolly going to get R-compounds next year...but do you think the drag rims would hold up with R compound tires or should i get something that is forged...i was thinking of getting the enkeni rpf-01's with toyo proxes ra-1 rubber for my road racing tires.