s2000 cluster project

orthello

The Dutch Guy
Please read the topic.
Everything you need to know is in this topic.

Schematics, source code, directions how to change the readings of the ODO meter and how to enable the MPH/KMH toggle button.

And I'm not building any converter for others because there are ready to use converters for this purpose already by Modifry and others.

For me this is just hobby. I don't want to spent all my spare time providing support to a product I've sold. ;)

Last edited:

TYPE-R MAN

Please read the topic.
Everything you need to know is in this topic.

Schematics, source code, directions how to change the readings of the ODO meter and how to enable the MPH/KMH toggle button.

And I'm not building any converter for others because there are ready to use converters for this purpose already by Modifry and others.

For me this is just hobby. I don't want to spent all my spare time providing support to a product I've sold. ;)
thank you for the information

orthello

The Dutch Guy
I will. I will.

But first I want to finish my own implementation.
Next week I'm leaving to the states for three weeks. Just to have a very nice vacation with my girlfriend.
NY, Washington DC, SF, Yosemite parc, Monterey, Sanata Barbara, LA, Havasu, Lake Powel, Bryce, zion, Las Vegas.

When we get back I have an additional week off. This week I planned to build everything in my EE8.
After that I'll start with the final version of the write up.

plummo_vtec

Brilliant news mate, i cant wait.
Have a great holiday sounds like a great trip you have planned.
Hope to do it myself soon.

Kschwiggy

koneiri and othello thank you so much for your help and research.... i wanted to share a link to my posting with my finished cluster and bezel:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1645155&postcount=460

everything is pretty much complete except for repainting the bezel to a more suitable color... and also fixing a noise issue I'm having with the speedometer... the speed on the s2k cluster reads about 5-6mph too high and bounces back and forth between the proper speed and the high speed. we think theres a noise issue with the PIC itself. but enjoy the pictures!

orthello

The Dutch Guy
What type of sensor is used? Could it be a bounce issue?
And wrt the pic.... how is the output pulse produced? By using the PWM module?
It sounds like the same issues I had when I produced the output pulse in some sort of burst way.

Kschwiggy

i believe its a hall effects sensor?

we think that the input signal is clean, but the pic has a high error with the output signal... i'm getting about 250 Hz bounce in the output. to get a lower error I can increase the processor speed... and then most likely use a dividing counter on the output to acheive the lower frequencies

i'm using the PWM to output.

orthello

The Dutch Guy
NO.

The SGI-5 is used as either a signal multiplier (up to 4X) or signal divider (up to 125X),
You need to multiply by 39. The SGI-5 can only multiply by up to 4. Or you chain 10 SGI-5 converters :D

Or build your own with schematics and software from this thread.
Or you buy a speedohealer, or you contact modifry.

orthello

The Dutch Guy
Oh by the way.....

Still not ready with my own install.... caught my girl cheating on me.... so I have some other issues to solve at this moment.

Last edited: