Auto to manual transmission swap, how much?

khurley424

i couldnt find the information that i needed in search, so i figured id ask- does anyone have a ballpark estimate at how much an automatic to manual transmission swap is for a teg?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
i couldnt find the information that i needed in search, so i figured id ask- does anyone have a ballpark estimate at how much an automatic to manual transmission swap is for a teg?

it would be so outrageous...it would cost you more to do that than your cars worth..just buy you a manual man

Are you going to do the installation or are you going to have a shop do it?

White_Rabbit

it would be so outrageous...it would cost you more to do that than your cars worth..just buy you a manual man
You're retarded. Most people have no idea about this so they just throw out what they hear.

Lets put it this way I paid 1k for EVERYTHING on my swap. I got every last nut and bolt and everything. Yet I paid 750 for my tranny. So if you shop around and got a better deal on the tranny you could get it cheaper. I paid more for my tranny but got a 6 month warranty on it and I also got a deal on everything else. You'll be looking at roughly 1k. It also depends if you tend to buy the swap mount or move your tranny mount forward.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
You're retarded. Most people have no idea about this so they just throw out what they hear.

Lets put it this way I paid 1k for EVERYTHING on my swap. I got every last nut and bolt and everything. Yet I paid 750 for my tranny. So if you shop around and got a better deal on the tranny you could get it cheaper. I paid more for my tranny but got a 6 month warranty on it and I also got a deal on everything else. You'll be looking at roughly 1k. It also depends if you tend to buy the swap mount or move your tranny mount forward.
yeah this sounds accurate. you should be able to do it yourself for no more than 1500... but depends on your level of knoweledge. oh and there are LOTS of threads on this topic. with that said i would just sell the auto and buy an GSR... save the 1500 you were gonna save and a lil more

khurley424

alright, thanks for the help. this was exactly what i was looking for.

White_Rabbit

Saving up and buying a manual GSR is the easy way, but why take the easy way. Why not save up and buy a turbo GSR, or buy a turbo Hype R, or buy a better car. Building your car the way you like from the ground up is the fun of it. Turning wrenches on my car and making it better is why I do it. Going fast is just a cheap thrill thats a reward for your hard work.

I say if you want a manual and you have the car piece it together. Its not as hard as people make it out to be. All the holes are already there. Its a matter of putting it together and making it work. I went from an Auto LS to a built and boosted GSR 5-speed. Everyone told me the same thing. Sell the car and get a GSR. Why?

It was the same thing with my RX7. Everyone said if I wanted a smaller car with a turbo piston motor to buy an older supra. Where is the fun in that? A 2JZ RX7 is much more fun :)

:werd:

The guys who bitch about the price and amount of work are the same kids who take thier car to the shop to get it worked on everytime. If you have the ability to do it and actually want to, just have fun with it and keep the pride of saying "i did it myself". It's seriously half the fun of doing it.