Integraguy04's new whip - 1988 Honda CRX HF

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
I went to the junkyard today and got the whole rest of the interior for the rex...i also got my carpet and installed it as well...be posting pics up soon

also taking the car to the shop to see why it is shaking/misfiring tomorrow...gonna see if they have a hf/si dizzy that i can just try on the car

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I went to the junkyard today and got the whole rest of the interior for the rex...i also got my carpet and installed it as well...be posting pics up soon

also taking the car to the shop to see why it is shaking/misfiring tomorrow...gonna see if they have a hf/si dizzy that i can just try on the car
sounds great, this going to be restored in no time i see

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
So i went to the shop...they check the timing, compression test, distributor, and ecu and none of it made my misfire and the shaking go away

i put different fuel injectors in it as well when i got home and it still does it....anyone got any ideas....the shop said the only thing they could think of is a clogged cat. converter

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
So i went to the shop...they check the timing, compression test, distributor, and ecu and none of it made my misfire and the shaking go away

i put different fuel injectors in it as well when i got home and it still does it....anyone got any ideas....the shop said the only thing they could think of is a clogged cat. converter
Holy shit. Damn that misfire is a bitch ain't it. I have no clue what else could be causing it bro. Sorry.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Holy shit. Damn that misfire is a bitch ain't it. I have no clue what else could be causing it bro. Sorry.
lol thanks man...yea idk what the problem is...i got a crx si header that doesnt have the cat on it so imma put that on and see what that does

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
lol thanks man...yea idk what the problem is...i got a crx si header that doesnt have the cat on it so imma put that on and see what that does
the last thing would be checking the ecu

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Misfire is going to be ignition related. Its not going to be a clogged cat. Dizzy, Plugs, Plug wires...your issue is going to be in one of those areas.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
soo...anyone that was following my thread and knows that i had a huge misfire/shaking problem i finally found the cuplrit...

it was the dam EGR valve...i guess when those get bad the valve stays open and can cause the car to misfire and suck a ton of gas (which mine was doing) i drove it around and it didnt sputter at all so thats good..

I also but a EG Si header on it cuz the cat was starting to get clogged from what i saw as well..now all i gotta do is get a regulator for the window...so in the future...any misfires/shaking...check the EGR valve..

I blocked it off by cutting a pop can and cutting it do the gasket size and bolting it down lol

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
soo...anyone that was following my thread and knows that i had a huge misfire/shaking problem i finally found the cuplrit...

it was the dam EGR valve...i guess when those get bad the valve stays open and can cause the car to misfire and suck a ton of gas (which mine was doing) i drove it around and it didnt sputter at all so thats good..

I also but a EG Si header on it cuz the cat was starting to get clogged from what i saw as well..now all i gotta do is get a regulator for the window...so in the future...any misfires/shaking...check the EGR valve..

I blocked it off by cutting a pop can and cutting it do the gasket size and bolting it down lol
^congrats bro, now you can continue with the restore:thumbs up

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA

I kind of had a feeling it might have been the EGR valve. You know what? That might be the culprit to my misfiring problem too. I'll be sure to check it out.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere

man im sorry i didnt see this earlier. thats the first thing i check on a car with a misfire complaint if it has a egr valve