User Reputation and Member Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The system was being abused. It's unlikely to ever return to it's previous state. There are people who have handed out reputation over 400 times, with maybe 10 of them actually be relevant, legitimately deserved reputation handouts. Many more that have handed out well over a 100 useless, meaningless reps. They would be the cause of rule changes such as these, not us.

Last edited:

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
I'd rather have the whole system taken away then. Can't cuss, can't hand out rep for being hilarious. Might as well troll Team Integra for tech advice. CI is about the community more than the car help.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well you don't exactly need to cuss to have a conversation. Besides, that wasn't something that was convened upon and decided to happen. That was something that had to be done for other underlying reasons. It's not like the ability to cuss has any effect of the sense of community anyway. I hardly see how a few select words could adversely effect the nature of that.

Last edited:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I dont think I've ever seen another forum with censorship.. I'd think it'd be done for the kids safety, but I would have thought there'd be more kids at the Civic forums, not here

My old site I came rom, rx8club, both that site and this site are run off of vBulletin, yet its only this one that has censorship... Language isnt a biggy for me, but its just something I'm curious about. But, the only answer I've seen was, "Its his site and he had to do what he had to do to keep the site up". I didnt see that as a good enough answer, so meh.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
It's not even about the words it's about being censored without the green light from the community. This is the only forum I regularly log onto that censors in that way. Rep is still the biggest cmoplaint I have and I wish the will of the community mattered in a way to get this fixed.

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
I feel that it was taken out of too many categories. An example, I had some people make me a signature, they did well, and I would like to rep them for it :what:
I just feel the initial correction is a little harsh
I like what this man has to say.

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
It's not even about the words it's about being censored without the green light from the community. This is the only forum I regularly log onto that censors in that way. Rep is still the biggest cmoplaint I have and I wish the will of the community mattered in a way to get this fixed.
I agree

Prozon

Kris
I agree that the rep thing is kind of stupid, you shouldn't only be allowed to rep for tech advise.

However the censor shouldn't really matter, what difference does it make if you can see the word or not? No sense complaining, just get used to it. I've been on plenty of other forums that had censors- granted there was a bigger crowd of adults, so nobody really gave any thought to not being able to swear. You didn't hear a single complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.