Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Sounds like some shit I’d do [emoji23]

Engine work? I’ll do that all day. Body work? Fuck no, unless it’s a dirtbike because there’s no paint and it’s cheap as hell

94RS

No fucks given.
Buying a new bike because you need a seat? $80-120 on eBay.

Can get a brand new tail piece from Airtech for like $200. Or a used one from eBay for around half that.

94RS

No fucks given.
Guy’s an idiot. [emoji23]

They look a bit odd, then again, it’s a Buell.... but they were the last of the handbuilt bikes before the assembly line was built for the ‘97 bikes.

R13

The other asshole
I still wouldn’t ride one unless I got it for like $200-400 [emoji23]

The underbelly shock is cool though

94RS

No fucks given.
Good condition S2’s are increasing in price these days [emoji23]

In typical Erik Buell fashion, that underbelly shock on the tubers works exactly the opposite as a regular shock.

- It’s connected to a linkage that’s connected to the swingarm.

- At the base of the damper and top of the spring there’s plates connected by solid rods.

- When the swingarm goes up (bumps), the damper gets pulled, making it extend, pull the rods and the top plate compress the spring.

He actually did work for Schwinn in the early 90s and put the same suspension system on a mountain bike

This gives a pretty decent look at what I was talking about above

If you can even find one of those frames, they’re upwards of 2500

94RS

No fucks given.
Now you get it.... Look at the fitment of that seat [emoji23]

The guy’s original paint job looked stupid as shit to begin with, but apparently got stolen and destroyed. So this fucking weirdo decided to throw GSXR body panels at it.... on a Lightning.

R13

The other asshole
Why the fuck couldn’t he at least pick something nice instead of probably the most undesirable fairings in existence...

Fucking people need to stop trying to “customize” sport bikes, shit looks awful

94RS

No fucks given.
Or maybe, now say with me on this, put on a full fairing kit that was designed for your bike and convert to a Firebolt tail.

Not the same kit, but I’m sure you can custom fit headlights to the other kit.