Kirt's Mustang GT

R13

The other asshole
I regoogled and every single link or DIY says 194/168... fucking morons

Guess that’s what happens when you take on a mod that’s not very popular. You have to remove the gauge film and sand off the factory green/blue tint to use colored bulbs so no one does it.

R13

The other asshole
Ah... I saw that write up... never read far enough to see that... fuck [emoji23]

Well if the hvac uses 194 then these aren’t a total waste.

94RS

No fucks given.
What were those, $11 for 10 of them? You would've paid the same price, if not more, for two 194s from SuperBright after shipping costs

R13

The other asshole
Yeah true, and the red plate lights are an unplanned, yet not half bad mod.

Unless I get pulled over for it, but I don’t see why they would. They’re the same brightness as the regular running lights in the taillights, and the car is fucking red so it shouldn’t matter.

R13

The other asshole
I regret ever having this fucking cluster idea... [emoji23]

First the bulbs, then I had to dremel the lens off because just like the headlights it was super glued on, now the vinyl wrap is impossible to work with and I’ve wasted half the roll trying to get it right. Shit is not pliable at all, heatgun does very little...

I’m gonna give it a rest and try one more time later or another day, but I’ll probably just end up throwing in the trim rings and giving up.

94RS

No fucks given.
Sounds like you’re gonna end up with new gauge faces sooner than you thought [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I ended up cutting the odometer button off so there’s a hole in the lens

LMR sells the bezel and lens for $35-$40, I’ll use this one for now, and next time I’ll buy a precut overlay and either use it, or trace it and reapply the vinyl.

I’m not even sure I wanna try removing the actual gauge face to sand the blue film off... Unless the gauges recalibrate themselves it’s hard as fuck to get the needles back on exactly where they came off.

R13

The other asshole
So basically it’s either fuck it up further or leave it as it is...
There is a way to calibrate the gauges, I have to pull the back off and wire a 9v battery to the needle motors though... one by one.

Fuck it for now, this whole thing was a disaster, and ended up being a complete hack job. It’s not super noticeable (I’ll post a pic in a minute) but I know how bad it’s fucked up, and that’s not how I like to do things. I’ll pick it back up whenever I get over being mad about it and regain my self esteem.

Thankfully LMR does indeed still sell the bezel and lens for $34.99, so I won’t have to go junkyard or eBay surfing.

R13

The other asshole

It was almost fine despite the trouble... until I went to it this morning...

Yeah... I guess the glue I used puts off fumes or some shit, because I wiped it clean with a microfiber before I put it together, and made sure it stayed clean until it was reinstalled... I fucking give up. I hope a semi shoves me off a cliff so I can be dead and maybe find some actual fucking peace for once.

94RS

No fucks given.
Separate the lens and let the glue dry for a few days so it can finish off-gassing.

Unless you can pick up another lens for cheaper, I’d grab a set of Novus polishes and clear that shit up.

That’s the stuff I used on the XB’s plastics when I got it.

R13

The other asshole
It’s all over the chrome rings and the vinyl. I just removed it and tried to clean it up and so far I think it just ruined everything because it’s not even trying to wipe off. If I can separate the lens again without shattering it I’ll try alcohol.

I should’ve used the jb clear like you mentioned.