Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
You bought Harley shoes and don’t even own one....? [emoji23]

Idk if that’s better or worse than the accountants that dress head to toe in HD branded shit and wear a leather bandanna.

R13

The other asshole
Well I mean, Harley’s a lifestyle brand... they don’t even make motorcycles anymore. A factory in Thailand does [emoji23]

Nobody will even know wtf they are. I just got them because they’re comfy, and HD footwear lasts forever.

94RS

No fucks given.
There’s still the Sporty, which is about the most “Harley” thing they make. I still want a fucking roadster, but idk how I feel about the graphics on the 2019.... [emoji23]

It’s like they wanted to do an XR750/1200/883R type of thing, but made it a ghost flag with a cheesy red border

R13

The other asshole
Big surprise, the shitty overpriced undesirable oddball bike company crashed [emoji23]

Good.

94RS

No fucks given.
I seen someone say they basically charge $40k for a $15k bike with expensive shit tacked on [emoji23] (expensive shit being CF bodywork, CF wheels, Ohlins suspension, etc)

Apparently you also couldn’t have work done at the dealership, you had to ship the bike back to the factory.

R13

The other asshole
They tried to be exotic and shit and then admitted to everyone that the engines were based off Chevy 350’s... you couldn’t have picked a less exotic engine to build from.

94RS

No fucks given.
It wasn’t a bad idea to base it off of that engine, but in reality it’s a 1650cc, so how much is actually shared with the 350 (5.7)? Even if they based it off of the LS, I believe the smallest one is a 4.8....

Everything internal has to be specific to that Motus engine.

R13

The other asshole
The name is also stupid... Motus... the best they could come up with was changing the L from Lotus to an M. That’s some brain cancer causing level stupid [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Motus = Latin for motion. As in advancement.

Basically they were cocky as shit with the bike they were building, thinking it’s super advanced, and named it some pretentious shit.... only to end up with a dinosaur for an engine and off the shelf parts for the rest of the bike. Oh, and no TCS or ABS. On a $40k bike.

R13

The other asshole
Sounds about right. I love it when edgelord hipster douches think they have this ultra prestigious idea and it flops. Even Jay Leno wasn’t all the hyped about them in the episode he did.

94RS

No fucks given.
So apparently the Barber Museum now has a big Buell/EBR exhibit....

One thing that sticks out though. All the way to the left on the top row.

Remember I mentioned something about Erik talking about an MX bike that was like 6 mo this from production, but was never made? Was supposed to have fuel-in-frame and a few other Buell oddities....

They have the prototype...

Reactions: R13