Official DSLR Photography Thread

94RS

No fucks given.
Still though, to me that’s like saying you’ve got the actual Bullitt Mustang and showing off a Mach 1 [emoji23]
That reminds me of the actual bullitt turning up in some kid’s dad’s garage not all that long ago after years of people making replicas trying to pass them off as real because the original disappeared [emoji23]
I read that. I think it said they used it as a family car for years. The pictures of its current state are depressing to look at...

R13

The other asshole
I read that. I think it said they used it as a family car for years. The pictures of its current state are depressing to look at...
Yeah, that was pretty shitty of the dude to get a letter from Steve McQueen wanting to buy the car and turning it down. It probably would be in a lot better shape if he had sold it to him.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, that was pretty shitty of the dude to get a letter from Steve McQueen wanting to buy the car and turning it down. It probably would be in a lot better shape if he had sold it to him.
It would be worth a hell of a lot more, that’s got damn sure.

One of his other personal cars, that was screen used but wasn’t even the “main star” car of the movie....

94RS

No fucks given.
Oh yay, autocorrect changed “for” to “got” and we can’t edit posts.... *insert facepalm here*

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
Yeah I noticed a couple of cars were different. The bandit trans am they have now has black interior and it used to be tan.

I’m guessing the billionaires that own them either rotate them out to do maintenance or they’re selling and trading them
i know there not all the real ones, especially the f and f cars.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah I noticed a couple of cars were different. The bandit trans am they have now has black interior and it used to be tan.

I’m guessing the billionaires that own them either rotate them out to do maintenance or they’re selling and trading them
i know there not all the real ones, especially the f and f cars.
They are real cars used during filming, they’re just not the “hero” cars, aka the main cars that all the reps were modeled around

You have to understand these cars were rentals and cheap replicas that were sold off after they were done filming so things got changed over the years. Even the original hero eclipse got changed a ton until recently a guy on Instagram built a really accurate replica and the guy that owned the OG hero car contacted him to help him return it to the way it was in the movie.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
They are real cars used during filming, they’re just not the “hero” cars, aka the main cars that all the reps were modeled around

You have to understand these cars were rentals and cheap replicas that were sold off after they were done filming so things got changed over the years. Even the original hero eclipse got changed a ton until recently a guy on Instagram built a really accurate replica and the guy that owned the OG hero car contacted him to help him return it to the way it was in the movie.
true, weve skipped that place the last few trips,tribute cars

R13

The other asshole
Here’s my latest, just uploading with crapatalk, but I’ve been shooting a lot lately so I’ve got shit to post.

R13

The other asshole

That’ll probably be the last stuff I shoot with my trusty old D3100, it’s been a good 6 year run, but I finally dropped the ball on a 6D mark ii with an EF 24-105mm F/4L IS II USM lens, and took the free Adorama package Rode video mic.

So my first shoot with it was demolition derby, definitely an adjustment, not a super easy camera to use because of the weight and the different control layout, but I’ll master it in a few months. The raw full image quality is fucking insane compared to my D3100, but that’s a camera that’s 7 times more expensive for ya

Ryan659

Nice shots man. Going up a camera is amazing. Do you have plans on getting other lens for it?

Just got done editing this one and it’s a Honda :)

R13

The other asshole
If only shit like that would go into production [emoji23]

This camera is a huuuuuuge step up [emoji23] It’s stupid how good it is. For now the 24-105 is all I need, it’s wide angle anyway being on a full frame, and at 105mm with the level of detail and clarity the lens has, I can crop down and still have amazing shots.

Like the helicopter shot, here’s the original:

And the cropped down version

And it could’ve been clearer, my shutter speed was too low (60) because I still hadn’t gotten the sweet spot in the ISO figured out and I didn’t wanna fuck all of my shots up by using too much.

R13

The other asshole
Do you have plans on getting other lens for it?
Changed my mind... next lens will be a 70-300mm [emoji23] but it’ll be awhile since it’s $1300. The 24-105mm is still an awesome all around workhorse lens.

94RS

No fucks given.
I’m late... [emoji23]

Definitely getting a Troy Lee feel from that Joker Escalade though