Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
That’s what I mean. You’d think a sub-$100 full exhaust from an Asian country (Malaysia) that isn’t Japan would be trash as far as build quality, but it’s full stainless with pretty decent welds.

Meanwhile this is what a relatively cheap name-brand full stainless system costs for a Grom.

94RS

No fucks given.
To be fair, Brock’s is a pretty legit company that makes pipes for all kinds of bikes, that was just the cheapest I seen with a quick Google.... but the mentality of making something dirt cheap and marking it up 3-4x is exactly where Ruckus aftermarket parts came from [emoji23]

Idk if they still do it or not, but the ruck shop used to sell these for like $20, jets sold separately.

That’s the same Briggs & Stratton lawn mower muffler you can get at any Home Depot or Lowe’s for like $6.

They tried marketing it as a replacement for the OEM 49cc muffler to increase sound.... of course you had to weld it on yourself, which lead to shitty popcorn welds that would break since there’s nothing holding the muffler to the bike besides the header.

I’ve heard a few people call them “Briggs Bullets” since they’d shoot off while riding due to broken welds[emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Thinking about getting a trail tech Striker for Chungus. I mainly just want it for the coolant temp sensor, that along with an XR’sOnly oil dipstick temp gauge.

Only had an hour to work on him, but I did get down to the valves and the exhausts are about .002-.003 too tight, and one of the intakes has damn near no gap, so hopefully with the rejet and a valve adjustment that slight hesitation just off acceleration will be gone and it’ll be ready for some real trails.

There’s more on that list you can’t see [emoji23] I’m going OCD on it, but y’know, since I haven’t had time to fuck with it I definitely haven’t had time to ride it so it doesn’t matter that it’s in pieces right now [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Of course, Crapatalk no longer updates me of shit. So I didn't see any of that. Get anywhere on the bikes so far?

Also, 2am boredom makes me wanna make a really fucking bad decision...

R13

The other asshole
Well that thing was destroyed

Nah fuck harley’s. The damn people make them not worth dealing with, no matter how cool they are. Guys at the dealerships are alright, but the community is some high horse, hick ass ignorant bullshit.

I finally got my clamp today. I’m gonna try to do a little light blasting with baking soda to try to clean up the engine. I’ve scrubbed it twice now, but it’s like it’s stained brown and I want it to look cleaner without scuffing it with like a scotchbrite pad or something.

94RS

No fucks given.
I still want a Roadster regardless of how the community is. Hell, the Honda community is nothing but a bunch of ricers talking shit and we both had Integra’s

But apparently the Roadster uses the same forks as the standard XR, meaning the fully adjustable XR-X suspension kit bolts right up. That plus a 1250 kit, XB-grind cams and the obvious air cleaner/2-1 exhaust would make for a hell of a fun bike.

Anywayyyyy.... on to the brown spots. Try finding this stuff. From the reviews I’ve heard, it’s damn good shit.

R13

The other asshole
I think it needs an abrasive, I used straight up brake cleaner on it and it didn’t touch it either.

Wd40 is a slight abrasive though, but I’m not sure with the texture of the cast aluminum if it would get down in there good.

Makes me fucking cringe when people wipe grease off car fenders with wd40... they have no damn clue that they basically just took 3000 grit to the paint.

R13

The other asshole
I was thinking soak a microfiber and rub it down.

I’ve got an 8lb bag of baking soda and a little cheapo blast gun too if the WD doesn’t do it

What I want is a pressure washer attachment for stuff like this. Since my pressure washer is just 1500psi it should clean aluminum and stuff without harming anything else, and the water will keep the dust down, and help dissolve the baking soda.

94RS

No fucks given.
Nearly 3 fucking years of searching and one of these little bastards finally popped up for sale in the UK 1503