Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, I'm that dork that tries to find a mini of the shit I own. The Integra and Cub were easy to find, but the only Buell's were either white 9R, black/gold 12R or yellow 9S. The blue one got discontinued really early because the stand it sits on was misprinted.

Not sure how they managed to fuck it up when they got the white one right, but whatever....

R13

The other asshole
Pretty good detail.

I want some 1:6 scale bikes. I had a 1:6 metalmulisha cr250. I’d kill to have it back, but it’s not an option. Even the chain on that thing was metal and spun with the wheel.

R13

The other asshole
You glorious bastard! You got me looking and look what I found! I had one of these fuckers in like 2002, and I just bought both of them. I’ve actually been looking for a month and I thought it was hopeless.

R13

The other asshole
Literally been searching for those for months. I had forgotten about them but I tore my closet out recently which had a bunch of old shit in it and I found a piece of my original one that reminded me of how badass they were. It was just a fantasy that I’d ever find one mostly intact. The baja one is definitely a bonus, I don’t remember ever seeing that one before.

94RS

No fucks given.
I’d guess that if someone really wants to run it in a race bike, they’d figure it out. The whole damn company was a giant “what if we did it like this”

Considering there’s companies that sell 88 (1442cc) and 90ci (~1475cc) kits for standard XB’s, so I don’t see why the ECU couldn’t be tuned to run the RR (1340cc) engine.

Exhaust... unless something like the Force race header would fit, those would have to be custom made, but it looks like the XBRR uses a modded stock XB pipe

Other than that, there’s the oil cooler, but it probably wouldn’t be too hard to find a large capacity universal unit.

R13

The other asshole
Got the whole exhaust repainted, got everything back together, haven’t had time in the day to kick it over. No miraculous transformation visually though.

Also got my other mirror in today, so here’s the grips, with both mirrors, and a new vent hose I bought just because the factory one wasn’t long enough with the taller KX high bars.

Hopefully it runs better, I didn’t intend to have it apart long just because if it ran like shit it’s no big deal, just pop it back apart and try again, but it sat for almost a month so it’s kinda gonna suck if it doesn’t run great

R13

The other asshole

Got a valve too loose, but it seems to be running a hell of a lot better. Super snappy, stronger, idles perfect as soon as you start it. Just have to fix the tick. Pretty sure it’s the right side exhaust valve because I couldn’t seem to get the feeler gauge in it right.

R13

The other asshole
It’s much louder but I don’t have a mic to capture it, everything I’ve got makes it sound like a scooter... kinda has a slight chirp to it like the 4 stroke 250/450’s. I didn’t ride it because of the valve tick, but you can tell it’s stronger by how fast/hard it revs.

R13

The other asshole

Got these big ass things a few days ago. Eventually I’ll swap the chain and the non broken handle bars over from the baja one to this one because this is the main one I wanted. Need to go through both of them and put blue loctite on all the screws anyway as you can see by the misplaced kickstarter. Rear brake lever and front axles are loose too.

Btw if anything I said doesn’t make sense... I woke up congested to fuck, with a fever, and a sore throat/chest... so I’m 9 shots of fireball in today because that’s what finally killed that shit I had for a month in December. Hoping it’ll work again lol