01 stock stereo question :)

96DC2LSCOOP

Hey guys this is my first post on your forum.

Just picked up a 96 Acura Integra DC2 LS coupe, and it came with this lame ass kenwood radio from like 1985. lol.

so i was thinking about reverting back to the stock 01 radio with CD player just cause i'm not really trying to have someone break into my car to steal a radio I didn't even want to put in there you know?

i'm just curious though... this question is to everyone out there who has had or still has their stock CD player.

does it play mp3 cds?

or does it have like an auxillary so I can plug my mp3 into? or is it possible to connect an mp3 to a stock stereo?

I know it's a stupid question cause I can just put in an aftermarket that would do all that. i'm just really not trying to put in an aftermarket.

I think it looks cleaner with a OEM stereo.

anyway anyone who has an ideo let me know.

thanks in advance. :)

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
You can always hook up A ipod or mp3 player with a FM Transmitter.So as long as your unit has FM stereo you can connect.

lilwhiteLS

You can always hook up A ipod or mp3 player with a FM Transmitter.So as long as your unit has FM stereo you can connect.
the sound quality seriously lacks when you transmit through the radio. I've heard good things about this though. just google "ipod through stereo acura" without the quotes and you should find a bunch of stuff. hope that helps...

-Mike

96DC2LSCOOP

that really stock stereo connect kit is gonna work just fine.

I really apreciate it.

Thanks alot guys. :)

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
Actually FM transmitters don't reduce quality.Depends on what you buy. .Theres cheap ones which don't really do that great of a job. .There is a company Monster which makes them.Thoes work great. .My friend uses it for his RX8. .Sounds just like CDs. .

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
1) No the factory player will not play MP3 cds nor will it display any info about the song/artist

2) An FM Transmitter would allow for playing MP3's through an iPod, etc. I use a Belkin TuneBase FM with my iPhone and it actually does a pretty swell job. You just push a button and it will automatically find the clearest station to broadcast your music.

mkornely89

My brothers fiance had a honda civic completely stock, but it had a aftermarket kenwood in it. They smashed her window, took her head unit and left successfully. She had no system, not even aftermarket speakers. you can always detach a face place though.
And sound quality is reduced when you use those cigerate lighter ipod/radio adapters. the difference between using a cable and a cigerate lighter plug in ipod adapter that plays through your radio is tremendous. There is a difference regardless. just like when you use an ethernet cord v.s. a wireless adapter for your PS2.
My friends ipod radio transmitter device is nice, yes, it works good. But the auxillary cord I use that plugs into the headphone jack is way better.

sciullo779

i got an aftermarket radion installed at circuit city with an extra AUX jack and an ipod cable that goes through my glove box for $188 and it sounds awesome