1998 Acura Integra driver's door lock

spaghetts#1

I looked at similar threads, but didn't see anything that quite explained the problem I am having.

It all begins when I open the door on the driver's side and try to push in the interior lock in before getting out. Sometimes it locks fine, but more often lately, the lock doesn't go all the way in and the door doesn't lock.

When I try to lock from the outside, it is very hard to turn the key. It does finally lock but I'm afraid the key will eventually get bent or snap off. A mechanic said it might be the door lock actuator and quoted me about $500 to pull the door and replace with dealer part. I might add that my car was stolen a few months back, so don't know if that might factor in. Any suggestions?

94RS

No fucks given.
I looked at similar threads, but didn't see anything that quite explained the problem I am having.

It all begins when I open the door on the driver's side and try to push in the interior lock in before getting out. Sometimes it locks fine, but more often lately, the lock doesn't go all the way in and the door doesn't lock.
:lol: I'm guessing while you're in the car, it's easy to lock... It's the Honda "lockout prevention" thing, it screws up a ton of people. While the door is open, hold the interior door handle in the open position and try sliding the lock.

When I try to lock from the outside, it is very hard to turn the key. It does finally lock but I'm afraid the key will eventually get bent or snap off. A mechanic said it might be the door lock actuator and quoted me about $500 to pull the door and replace with dealer part. I might add that my car was stolen a few months back, so don't know if that might factor in. Any suggestions?
When you put the key in all the way, back it out just a tiny bit and try turning.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Take the door panel off and look at the moving parts. Look in our DiY section, it'll show you how to do it, pretty easy. Don't think you can really tell what's going on until you take the panel off.
- Aaron

spaghetts#1

Again, it is before getting out. Keep in mind this is an older model 1998 Acura. You can either press the lock on "interior door panel", or manually lock from outside.

94RS

No fucks given.
Your car being a 1998 means it's newer than my car.... Hold the door handle open while trying to move the lock. Problem solved.

spaghetts#1

Yeah. That's what I figured. My mechanic said that he would have to order a factory actuator and they cost around $295. Does that sound right?

Saw one on parts.com (OEM part #72155ST7A11) on sale for $193.21 but never ordered from them before. Wished I could fix with a little WD40. :-\