1999 Acura Interga GSR Build Thread/Progress #Keepitstock

ASGSR

Wicked work as usual pimp.
This Integra is in good hands. :thumbs up
i take a bunch of cues from this thread.
Some great work here. Nice job man.
Thank you guys for the nice comments, your feedback motivates me to continue modifying the car in different ways.

I changed the interior lighting from the dull yellow to white LED's. It's a minor upgrade but definitely modernizes the car .IMG_2097 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2099 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr

94RS

No fucks given.
The cool white bulbs are highly recommend :mrgreen:

ASGSR

The cool white bulbs are highly recommend :mrgreen:

Thank you will take a look at them.

So do you guys remember when I said that I wanted to take my build in a different directon? Well this is what i had in mind.
IMG_2289 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
I had been looking for a good deal for a K-swap motor for a while now and came across this k20z1 with tranny, harness, shifter, and ECU. Prior to finding this motor i was looking at the 2.4 K24a2 but It always bothered me that it didn't rev as high as the k20's. Lucky me I happened to stumble across this For Sale ad on Facebook and picked it up the same day. The motor itself is off a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S with 80k miles that had been rear ended. I will be selling the shifter and ECU if any of you guys need it for your k-swaps. Ill be replacing those with other goodies :D Im looking forward to cleaning the tranny and engine, I was thinking about painting them but I don't have too much experience with these motors. Let me know what you guys suggest.

ASGSR

Here is a little project I've been working on the side. Sand blasted, primed, and put two coats of dupli-color high temp resistant paint. I was sick and tired of the ugly worn out exhaust so decided to take matters into my own hands. This will only be temporary since I'm going to have to get a new exhaust when i do get my k20 swap in. I took the exhaust off a couple of months ago and I wasn't able to work on it because I was extremely busy. I finally don't sound like a ricer anymore haha. Here are the pics:

Primed

Painted

ASGSR

damn im jelly
Do I see K in your future? haha thanks you sir.

I received a few more parts today, Received my OEM valve cover gasket and tube seals, also got a good deal on a K-tuned no cut shifter box and decided to pick it up as well! I got some work done on the K this weekend, removed the tranny from the block and hopefully I can start tearing it down soon so that I can get it on the engine stand.
IMG_8148[1] by adiel sanchez, on Flickr
IMG_8149[1] by adiel sanchez, on Flickr
IMG_8151[1] by adiel sanchez, on Flickr
IMG_8155[1] by adiel sanchez, on Flickr
IMG_8159[1] by adiel sanchez, on Flickr

ASGSR

Hey guys, hope you are all doing well. I have quite a few updates for you. As you know I recently purchased a k20z1 Engine and transmission. It came time to tackle the removal of the B-series. Was a lot easier than i thought, started out by removing everything thing underneath the car, suspension components, Shift linkage etc., then i moved on the the engine bay and left the mounts for last. Wouldn't have been able to do it without a good friend of mine, Abisai, my wife and a guide from HondaHookup.com. Here are the pics.IMG_2670 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2671 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2673 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2696 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
After I got the engine out I took the tranny off and sold the long block separately, I still have the tranny and most of the engine components if any of you guys are interested. To give you guys a little background info if you don't already know; I am a student at a Technical College for automotive collision and refinishing, currently I have a few months left before acquiring my certificate. Since I had in mind repainting the engine bay I walked around the car and started looking at all the things I was unhappy with. It wasn't too many but I was really unhappy with the body work on the doors. If you guys remember I did a lot of work to the doors last time I painted them and they were a little wavy. I also hated that I never shaved the moldings on the door and the quarter panel and I've always wanted to gut out the rear trunk area of my Integra. I could never see myself selling this car so I decided it would be a good learning experiance to tackle on the job of a full color change, painting the engine bay, shaving the moldings, and painting the rear trunk area. It was very tough finding out where to start. The previous paint job was immaculate and I couldn't get myself to start ripping into a paint job that had no problems. Eventually i did and sanded away. Ive sanded so much that they call me "sandy" in school . haha. So far I teardown the car, all bumpers, doors, mirrors, moldings, are off the car. I got the chassis sanded down and ready to paint, same with the bumpers. As for the doors, Im just now getting to them. Ive removed all the moldings including the belt modeling (something I didn't do last time). I blocked the doors out using a long block and 180 grit, Im basically treating the paint as primer and blocking it out . The day after I removed the engine I towed the car to school and parked it in its new home. Gave it a quick wash with soap and water to get all the dirt and grime off and a good wash down with wax and grease removal. Here are the pics. IMG_2677 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2678 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2679 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2680 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2692 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2693 by adielsanchez23,onFlickr
[/url]IMG_2699 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2698 by adielsanchez23, on Flickrhttps://flic.kr/p/FiyzNX

Last edited:

ASGSR

Nice, so what happen to #Keepitstock?? :lol:
I ask myself the same thing over and over again :lol:

I made some progress on the doors. I disassembled both front doors and blocked them out with a long block and 180 grit. As you can see by my sanding you can pin point all the highs and lows. With the doors being blocked I started patching the moldings. I decided to go a different route and use panel bond instead of welding although i did weld the hole wear the bolt for the molding goes for a cleaner look inside the door jam. First I grinded the surface to assure proper adhesion then i cut out pieces of metal and applied panel bond to both the metal and the door. After that dried i followed with etching primer on the bare metal spots to assure no rust. I flipped the doors over prepped the area with 80 grit and applied Duraglass. Sanded the Duraglass and applied body filler. Heres how the turned out. IMG_2766 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2768 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2783 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GsjXo8]
IMG_2784 2 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
[/url]IMG_2770 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Gq1LVo]
IMG_2778 6 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2785 by adielsanchez23, on IMG_2787 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
[/url]IMG_2789 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr

Last edited:

ASGSR

I finished the doors, I primed them, guide coated them, and blocked them and repeated the process one more time to make sure they were as straight as can be. I also got to work on the engine bay and removed the rest of the hoses and parts cluttering the bay. while i was at it I removed the passenger side mont that needed to be removed for the K-swap and primed the area. IMG_2917 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2921 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2933 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2934 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2878 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2877 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2884 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
IMG_2887 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2892 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2893 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr

Last edited: