1sloDC2's 1slo build thread

1sloDC2

After searching for a clean unmolested teggy I was able to find what I wanted in december. I had started looking in october after I sold my z. I called off the search when I a friend of mine who works at a local dealer told me to come in and check out a mustang they got on trade. I picked it up that day but it returned to the stealership as they had screwed me over on the 2k I needed to borrow to get it. I gave up and decided to wait till springtime until I randomly started searching and found this.

01 Gsr with 78k miles. Omni Power Coilovers, Omni Power LCA's, skunk2 front camber kit, apexi n1 exhaust and a jank ass ebay intake with a corroded filter. The car was exactly what I wanted. And I was very happy with only shelling out 4600 for it as well.

I've got small plans for the car.

I first tossed the crappy filter for a spare AEM one that I had just laying around. Helped out some. Next up was the allignment. Was out of spec pretty bad. Basically set up for circle track racing almost (GO Nascar!)

So far plans consist of:
New Shift know
B&M shifter
redo the valve cover
new vtec solenoid cap-the one on it is hiddeous to say
new shifter bushings
skunk2 intake manifold ( if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of pm me!)
convert to obd1
8k hids
TDM tri y header
polish the blades asap!

Eventually I'd like to do a b20 bottom end with the usual ctr pistons, arp hardware, and skunk2 cams to boot. Nothing major, just a small budget buildup.

1sloDC2

shes got a clean title and no wrecks

Reason I got it for cheap were for several reasons, and it helps when your buddy is a car dealer.
Needed allignment badly

Front tires were shot. Could not drive the car in the rain without sliding. Had to get to new bfgoodrich g spots (giggidy)

Weatherstripping on front windshield had a hole in it. And the back stripping on the hatch had pulled away from the hatch itself. Thankfully a buddy of mine is a glass guy so we got that cleaned up no problem.

ABS light is on. Thinking the sensors just need cleaned up.

Front brakes are ok, but back need attention. The outter and inner part of the rotor arent getting contact with the pad. Picked up some brakes from pepboys (boo I know but getting discounts from people that work there make it work plus I'm not doing the ebay route).

Car is throwing a cel. For both 02 sensors. So those need attention.

I'm doing the brakes this weekend as well as restoring the valve cover as well. Give me something to keep me occupied.

And this showed up in the mail today:

Now just waiting on phearable chip kit with my basemap.
HIDs, HyTech Tri y rep, conversion harness are all en route. Now debating whether to pull the trigger on the black skunk2 intake manifold :twisted:

1sloDC2

blox 490 shift knob now on. I may just hold off on the short throw for a while and just get new bushings as I'm starting to like the stock gsr shifter.

Don't mind the dirty interior or the OG alpine headunit

BeatBox

Real Good!
Looks pretty damn good, good price too
my friend had one that looked just like it back in HS
BFG G Force Sports ehh? heck yeah i got the same ones, payed $34 for a new set :ninja: how do you like them?
I like the shift knob, but in my car id look outta place. Seen them online for $48 not too bad actually

1sloDC2

Looks pretty damn good, good price too
my friend had one that looked just like it back in HS
BFG G Force Sports ehh? heck yeah i got the same ones, payed $34 for a new set :ninja: how do you like them?
I like the shift knob, but in my car id look outta place. Seen them online for $48 not too bad actually

Yea the car came with the g sports and I'm not a fan of mismatched tires so I got them for 160 installed which isn't too shabby.

I went with the blox because all the locals have skunk2 so I just wanted something different really. It was actually purplish when I first got it. But it's gotten to a darker blue color which is what I wanted

8-bit

do what now?
O1, black, gsr with 78k under $5000? Congrats on a great purchase. Sounds like you have some work to do. Its always better to be differnet than be the same. Btw welcome to club integra.

1sloDC2

phearable chip kit + vtec conversion for the ecu came in today. Now I've got to do all the soldering. Jumper harness should be in sometime this week too

Cman46290

blox 490 shift knob now on. I may just hold off on the short throw for a while and just get new bushings as I'm starting to like the stock gsr shifter.

Don't mind the dirty interior or the OG alpine headunit
ROFL... i got the same head unit when i bought my GSR... not a bad head unit... just OOOLLLLDDD!!

ANd and BTW... what did you pay for that shift knob?

1sloDC2

ROFL... i got the same head unit when i bought my GSR... not a bad head unit... just OOOLLLLDDD!!

ANd and BTW... what did you pay for that shift knob?
Haha yea when they came out they were top of the line.....back in 03. It was one I had in storage and still worked so I tossed it in there until I get something that I can hook my phone up to.

Shift knob was around 52 shipped I believe. I love it. Its a little heavier than a skunk2 per say, but no big deal. It feels great with a stock gsr shifter. Like I said I may just get bushings and call it doneskis. But after driving my buddy's h2b del sol the good 'ole b&m may wind up in there.

The only issue was that the threads inside the knob towards the top didn't seem to be spot on. I had to spray some wd40 on there and blow it out a few times with a compressor to get some of the excess metal out from when it was threaded. That was the only issue. Definately happy with my first purchase from blox