1sloDC2's 1slo build thread

1sloDC2

thanks man

crappy pic but 8k hids and conversion harness arrived today. It's getting there. Now just need my tri y header to arrive

and just for shits and giggles, heres my daily thats getting sold tonight for 700 bones. Eats gas like crazy and I'm done messing with this car. I swear its cursed (considering a purdue student who died in a plane crash used to own it) and am moving onto this:

my pops initially wanted it for a daily since the truck is killing him on gas but pusses out on every car I find him so I'm snatching it up for 700 bucks. It a million times cleaner than my current sedan and is a five speed. Just couldn't get the guy to throw the horse in the deal as well as I'd save a lot more on gas.

1sloDC2

thanks dude. It'll get a bath here this weekend when I have the time.

On a side note nothing like changing a t stat in a wal mart parking lot when your damn hood won't open. Good thing the old daily is gone otherwise I would have probably killed it with fire

1sloDC2

Honestly thought I was takin a risk with this hytech rep header but I was very wrong. Upon visual inspection welds looked excellent, and ports were very clean-no excess spatter or rough edges anywhere. My only complaint is that one pipe is slightly off and took some work to get lined up but overall I'm pretty happy so far. Hopefully will be installing this sunday along with new brakes.

1sloDC2

Time for a much needed update:

I did wash, claybar, polish, and wax the car and will upload those pics later tonight.

Everything is on the car and even managed to snatch up a skunk2 intake manifold for 180 too!

don't mind the egay air filter. I will replace it this friday.

The only issue was ghetto-fabbing a pipe for the cat and exhaust. Dropped the cat for a test pipe and suprisingly have no rasp whatsoever but I'm not complaining. It's not really a ricey sound at all. Deep tone down low and screams when vtec pops. Cars feels a lot happier with these mods.

I still need to fine tune the map, install my wideband and get a type r throttle cable bracket

Next up? Boost. I've got a chinese t3/t4 that I got in a trade a while back that's getting sent to blaast to get garrett guts. Shooting for ten psi on pump and 12 on e85 but we'll see.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
looks good bro, make sure to do a compression test b4 boosten, so hows she running?

1sloDC2

looks good bro, make sure to do a compression test b4 boosten, so hows she running?
I did the test because someone around town said my car had haggard compression. Highest was 211 lowest was 208. She runs great. Went to the track sunday and wasn't happy with the results. Too sticky and all I did was hop. First pass was a 15.5. Wasn't happy. 60 was around 2.4. Towards the end of the day the track lost some grip and I was able to leave on 2 step set at 4000. Cut a 2.2 sixty foot. Shifted into second and the car fell flat on it's face around 6k. Speedo started dancing around so my speed sensor finally took a dump.

I've ordered a competition stage 4 clutch (six puck), turbosmart 38mm gate, and picked up a new chinese special turbo that's going to blaast monday to get garrett guts.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I did the test because someone around town said my car had haggard compression. Highest was 211 lowest was 208. She runs great. Went to the track sunday and wasn't happy with the results. Too sticky and all I did was hop. First pass was a 15.5. Wasn't happy. 60 was around 2.4. Towards the end of the day the track lost some grip and I was able to leave on 2 step set at 4000. Cut a 2.2 sixty foot. Shifted into second and the car fell flat on it's face around 6k. Speedo started dancing around so my speed sensor finally took a dump.

I've ordered a competition stage 4 clutch (six puck), turbosmart 38mm gate, and picked up a new chinese special turbo that's going to blaast monday to get garrett guts.
good shit, lol im the biggest hater of 2 step

1sloDC2

good s***, lol im the biggest hater of 2 step
Yea I'm not the biggest fan of it but it is what it is.

New parts!

picked up a brand new cc stage four clutch for 320 shipped, overnight I might add off hondamarketplace. Sucks I can't put the car up as the daily popped a headgasket.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Yea I'm not the biggest fan of it but it is what it is.

New parts!

picked up a brand new cc stage four clutch for 320 shipped, overnight I might add off hondamarketplace. Sucks I can't put the car up as the daily popped a headgasket.
Nice, i need to know how that clutch turns out because im actually looking into buying one myself, and sucks about the DD

1sloDC2

I've drove it in a few friends cars. Grabs pretty hard and takes abuse pretty well. I'll let you know how mine goes once it gets installed

1sloDC2

Well holyasscrackers I've fell off the map.

TIme for a fresh pic

Car is boosted on 5 psi at the moment. Getting retuned this weekend on 10psi. Oh and I need tires. Lots of tires

1sloDC2

they're for sale for the right price

as well as the gsr swap and the turbo kit. Not official but with working ten hours a day six days a week till march means k swap :twisted: