2001 Acura Integra GSR Rescued/ Help needed

Gray

20180413_182358-816x459.jpg Can anyone tell me whats going on here, under the hood of this GSR. The Engine, trans, wheels were stolen. Its a Rebuilt Salvage tittle out of CA. Now its a LS obd2 B18b1 and trans, Turbo with LSD. I am not a Turbo expert. But I was a Tire n Lube tech for Ford, and did suspension. At the time I had a mint 1995 black integra LS coupe with a Apexi exhaust, Exedy stage 1 clutch and a transmission rebuild with Honda parts from the best transmission shop in my town. $3k+ invested. The car had 117k mi and 15yrs dealer only records with timing belt service done. I paid $2,800 cash. The day I paid off the trans/clutch work from my check at Ford which sent the trans in and took it out my check. Another driver reversed in front of me for insurance money his girlfriend told the Sheriff everything. It was not my fault. I am fine now after a 45mph crash against a Silverado, and their small town shenanigans. 7 years later and another integra I want to get rolling.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gray

Just wanting any experts views on whats been done to this LS motor. I want to be sure to get the turbo and headers put back together correctly. Another Integra owner I met owns a 98 type R turbo, he had told me to put ram headers on it, since the headers broke off where the blow off valve connects. This is a project car I paid $1,000 with 129k but LS motor looks to be about 200k judging by valve cover wear. Also this car has the original GSR exhaust with a resonator. Something tells me right there. Their is probably other things not right on this turbo build. It runs fine turbo kicks in hard at about 4.5-5k, both tires spin like hell so I know it has a LSD. Suspension rides like a brand new car, just getting some idle issues due to vacuum from the blow off valve exit welded shut. I want to work on this myself. The more labor I put in, the more money I have for parts.

Last edited: