3rd Gen HOW-TO wire up your system

96stockls

well i run the rockford 8 gauge its a lil small but its got a lot of copper with a tsunami 4ga ground it helps prevent that thump sound when u turn off the teg alpine type r 12 w a 1000 watt monblock kenwood it thumps hard just gotta buuy a 1 farad cap cuz my lights are dimming very bad!!!ol

patrick4588

Integra God
well i run the rockford 8 gauge its a lil small but its got a lot of copper with a tsunami 4ga ground it helps prevent that thump sound when u turn off the teg alpine type r 12 w a 1000 watt monblock kenwood it thumps hard just gotta buuy a 1 farad cap cuz my lights are dimming very bad!!!ol
caps are garbage. get a bigger alternator and a better battery.

irokGSR

Suppose the head unit does not have the rca connectors in the back, the red and white that connect from the amp to the head unit, the "out" connectors or what ever they are. How would you go about hard wireing the amp to the head unit?

Joshmmc

Suppose the head unit does not have the rca connectors in the back, the red and white that connect from the amp to the head unit, the "out" connectors or what ever they are. How would you go about hard wireing the amp to the head unit?
See if your amp has a "High Input" jack. If it does, then you can alternatively use your speaker channels from the head unit to direct the amp.

BoostinTEG

Strut towers are the best place to ground.
Just make sure you run your grounds and RCAs away from your powerwire.

knig6

TegraBseries
Some of you guys got really good tips on mounting, thanks guys! and thanks to original poster for posting this up

98GS

Bringing up the dead thread here lol My 8 gauge ground wire fell out of the package when I opened it and I couldn't find it so I used 12 gauge for ground. It seems to be working fine but now I found the 8 gauge under my chair in my house. Should I just swap the ground wire out or is it really going to make a difference?