5 speed manual Transmission

Htx_h0oligan

I was wondering if my transmission was working normally. So I've been having slight issues with 5th gear. Normally in 5th gear when I'm driving 80 to 90 miles an hour my car is running at 4000 to 4500 rpm. I was wondering is that is normal. And if it is, will the b18 engine be able to handle it without blowing up.( I live in texas so that's normal highway speeds, at least what we drive)

Htx_h0oligan

Just want to know if I'm running unusually high rpm in 5th gear. While in 5th going 80 to 90 mph, my car is using 4000 to 4500 rpm.

Winki

Undercover mod
Sounds like you are fine. There is always the chance another B-series trans went in the car before you received it. B16 has very short gears.
Check out some honda gear ratio calculators.

Htx_h0oligan

Ok thank you. From further test driving I'm sure that its probably fine just worried about over working my motor, but its seems strong enough to handle the high rpms and feels like it can still be a reliable daily.

PolarZero

Sounds like you are fine. There is always the chance another B-series trans went in the car before you received it. B16 has very short gears.
Check out some honda gear ratio calculators.
+1

I drove a stock B18, and ~3500 RPM is nomal @ 75MPH and 5th gear.