5spd5thgen's progress thread

5spd5thgen

So if you guys didnt see my introduction thread, my name is tyler and i have been in the honda game for about 4 years.

If you dont wanna read my story, keep scrolling.

My first car was an explorer but forget that.

I saved and bought a 1997 prelude 5spd and loved it to death. I owned it for close to 2 years. i bought the car bone stock save for a viper alarm from an old man who only clocked 83k on it. I lowered it, rims, intake exhaust, spoiler, lip, short shifter, in dash double din navi. This car was NICE. it had no rattles, no rust, and no issues. I was in the process of a turbo build when i traded it. I regret not keeping this car, to this day.

So like i said i traded that. For this. All in all, a pretty good trade. this thing HAULED. this car was TOO LEGIT. until it got STOLEN -_-

So with my insurance money i bought a muskrat and kept it for less than a month. Figured i would give them a try, but i ended up hating muskrats just as much as i thought i would

Traded the muskrat for a boosted b18b1 coupe, which was faster than the k20. it went 13.2 @ 109 on street tires. It ran REALLLLYYYYY good. I owned this car in the dead of winter, and it had no heat, no locks, and the windows wouldnt even go up or down. it got old fast and my girl refused to ride in it because it was so uncomfortable, soooooo i traded. AGAIN :p

Got this 2000 integra gsr. Had a jdm gsr swap. I REALLY liked this car and i always wanted a teg. But needless to say this car had a HEAP of electrical issues. Sometimes it would start sometimes it wouldnt. sometimes it would bog, others it wouldnt. It had a 94-97 front swap and the lights would intermittently work. It got to the point where i didnt feel comfortable having it as my dd, so i sold it for 6 grand. after that i vowed to never trade again. only sell and buy.

So i paid off some school bills. bought my second prelude, repainted it, and it never gave me an issue. I drove it a little over a year. And just wanted something different. so i sold it for 4 grand.

So here is my 1998 integra. I got it for 2300 and it has 132k on it.

Plans are to have it boosted soon! then paint and body work, then just enjoy it :)

So far i have an ebay turbo kit, tial 38mm wg, dsm 450cc injectors, and walbro 255.

I have a phearable chipped and basemapped p06 on the way, along with an obd1 conversion harness.

Today i did a little forecast of the bay and turbo kit just to see what ill run into. It looks ike ill be able to retain a/c and p.s! so i am very excited, however i do need slim fans for the kit to work.

So i still need my slim fans, new injector o rings, my cometition clutch, autometer boost gauge and pillar pod, and a custom test pipe. And then of course a tune. no driving on a basemap for me.

Stay tuned!

5spd5thgen

So my plan is a competition stage 2 clutch. It's rated to hold 80% more torque. Any input guys? I want the clutch to be as easy and close to stock as possible without slipping.

Any reccomendations?

No f1 racing or xtd plz

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Damn, you went through a shit ton of Honda's! LOL! I'm sure your not the only one! I would go with an exedy stage 2. Heard a lot of great things about that clutch! Not too stiff and smooth shifting!

5spd5thgen

So im throwing a code for an evap system leak.

I already checked the gas cap and thats fine. The cel comes and goes on its own.

When i am wide open throttle i can smell the extra fuel, idk whats going on. The purge valve has no electrical connector on it, the valve is there, just the plug is snipped off. i tried putting plug connectors and replugging it but no fix. Its getting kinda bad gas mileage imo. Its gone 200 miles on 3/4 of a tank.

Any ideas what it could be? i have heard it could be the canister itsself.

With my obd1 p06 ecu will the code just go away? I plan on running closed loop

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
i run a p28 and my teg '97, no problems with CEL and i dont have a evap

Kyle

Nice. I'm between Baltimore and DC. I'll be down there for sure, just not this years OC Import car show. The cruising OC isn't looking promising with exams.

5spd5thgen

Glad you guys like it! I'm loving the car thus far. I love the aftermarket for integras. There is soooooo much more available then there was for my preludes!

5spd5thgen

You guys wouldn't believe it, but my 4th gen prelude had a higher trap speed than the em1. It went 14.27 @ 100 compared to the si's 13.8@99