89 integra.

awright3331

G1 TEG
ok so tonight my 89 integra was running fine, we went from arlington to fort worth, fort worth to burleson, burleson to mansfield, mansfield to midlothean, midlothean to venus. we stopped for gas and put 17 dollars in, we started the car and took off but it died before leaving the parking lot, from there it wouldnt start, we took the jack handle and tapped on the fuel filter assembly and after awhile it started, we drove up the street and it died again, it kept starting after that but we turned around and went back towards the gas station, and all of a sudden we heard a loud boom and noticed that the muffler blew off, the car is stuck now at my brothers house in venus NOT EVEN A HALF MILE AWAY FROM THE GAS STATION it wont stay running so i cant get it home. We think it might be bad gas but ive never heard of bad gas blowing up my muffler dont know what the fuck is the problem. Any advice on this? why would it not start until I tapped the fuel filter canister at the firewall. And why did it blow my muffler off of the car...........Im not very mad about the muffler it was bad anyway.

enoch723

Possibly the system was getting choked.. How hot did it get anyways cause the d16's have a tendency to over heat pretty easily if you never gave it a rest

enoch723

Ok. When it died where you moving or just when you came to a stop or slowing down or what? Could just be a simple vacuum leak or carbon build up but could even be something like a fuel filter or faulty plugs (it does happen regardless what anyone tells you)

I always check my spark plugs and wires now everytime something starts going wrong with my car. They make them very cheap now so be careful. I had a brand new NGK on my 3g accord pop the little piece of metal that the spark jumps to. It rattled around in the cylinder. By the time I noticed the damage was done

So just go through everything. spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, throttle body, distributor and coil.. Just basic stuff

Undead4Life

1989 Integra
Ive been having the same problem with my 89. Im gonna do a complete overhaul on the engine and fuel system. Ive looked at everything and replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, PCV valve, and injectors. Nothing has helped it. Thats why im just going to do the engine overhaul.

awright3331

G1 TEG
ive been having the same problem with my 89. Im gonna do a complete overhaul on the engine and fuel system. Ive looked at everything and replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, pcv valve, and injectors. Nothing has helped it. Thats why im just going to do the engine overhaul.
try replacing the distributor with cap and coil pack, and get a main relay before you do that to be sure!