91 Gold DA

Gold_DA_B18

Ok so a little update, no pics but will get them up soon. I finally got some time to run a compression test on the car and all 4 cylinders are at 90-94 psi......I'M OUT OF IDEAS! I called a mechanic I know real well and he told me to check the MAP sensor, the injectors, and the coolant temp sensor???? I have no clue what that one has to do with it but ok. The MAP is hooked up fine (from what I have read), the temp sensor on the other hand is a little jacked up, but still can be plugged up. The connector on the end of it got broken but the little blades are still there and slide into the connector from the wire (will get those pics also). the injector on number 1 cylinder was not connected very well (previous owner spliced them together by twisting them and using electrical tape to hold it together), I used the little butt connectors to hook them up but its still missing. Just wondering, if the gas in the tank has been sitting in there since November could that affect it? The spark plugs are black on the tips and I was told that could be bad gas?? Figured I would ask, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I finally got some corner lights so the car can look somewhat complete, now all I need is the carpet and a driver side door panel with manual windows.....Anyone?

Gold_DA_B18

Yeah it took a while for me to get used to it but I still want to paint it a different color. Im thinking silver with black hood and hatch, or a blue. Thats later though.

Gold_DA_B18

Well I just tried to change out the injector on the number 1 cyl. with the number 2 cyl and its still missing???? Any ideas?

mirrorimg

From what I have heard, gas that has sat around in the tank separates after a while, and that it should be drained and new gas filled up. I dont know if this is the case, but you should do some searching on it and make sure its a possibility.

Low compression is either because:
Compression leaking through bent valves
Compression leaking past the compression rings on the pistons
Compression leaking out of worn valve guides/bad valve seals.

When you do your compression test, pour a table spoon of oil into the spark plug hole, and see if your compression readings change. If they go up drastically, your piston rings are bad. My compression was 190 across the board on my LS. I dont think it is supposed to fall below 130.

Gold_DA_B18

well my haynes manual finally came in handy! I sat down and flipped through the dam thing front to back and you are right mirrorimg, 185 psi is the standard, with 135 being the minimum, and only a max of 35 psi variation between all four. When I get a chance I will try the oil in it, but should I take out the fuel pump relay so it wont pour gas into the cylinders? The first time I didnt do it.

Gold_DA_B18

HAHAHA Its been breaking and ive been fixing it for a year now. Im almost to the point of getting rid of the dam thing.

Gold_DA_B18

Has anyone ever had this problem and it turn out to be the ECU? I had a guy tell me to try that, but I don't want to pay 200$ for a new one and that not be the problem. Any help?

Gold_DA_B18

It wouldn't surprise me if you have. The 2 owners B4 me who had it lived in mobile, I go tit when I lived in Irvington, but I now live in Grand Bay.