93 da just randomly shut off...

93dateggy

what could cause my integra da to just randomly shut off and not start again?

its not gettin spark

and has a new distributor

any suggestions?

main relay?
cps?

noooo idea

93dateggy

fuses are good, but injector pulse? can you elaborate a little bit on that?

sexystover

injector pulse is the signal sent to the injectors to tell them to open, does ur fuel pump run when you first turn the key on before starting?

93dateggy

ya man im thinkin relay as well and actually i just tried the car and the fuel pump dont even kick on...hopefully not a bad fuel pump

94dc4

My name matches again lol
Make sure the clutch is depressed.

:roll:
lol I don't think it's clutch safety switch related if the car just shut off.

Sounds like it might be a fuel pump issue if you didn't hear a noise when you put the ignition in "II" (all warning lights on). Either the main relay or the fuel pump itself. Main relays went out all the time in Hondas from the early 90s.

But yea, off topic, but make sure the plastic things in your pedals are good. I was almost stranded in Dallas at 3 AM in the cold before I hopped online on my phone and figured out that I needed to reach under the dashboard and push a button. ALL BECAUSE OF A DAMN PIECE OF PLASTIC. Probably why my cruise control doesn't work either because I'm missing one or two more of those plastic bumpers on my pedals (but I also have a bad ICM box)

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I kinda laughed reading this thread...

Look you said you don't get spark, so thats you're problem. Nothing else should even be said that isn't related to the spark. Did you check for a signal from the pack to the dizzy?