96,000 km Maintenance, what to look for

mac

My ride is coming up for it's 96,000 km (60k miles) maintenance. I plan to take it to the dealer but I am concerned that they will either try to foist crap that doesn't need to be touched or forget to check other things (ie not listed in the maintenance schedule). They changed the plugs at 48k (as per maintnenance schedule) should they be changed again? Should I stick with OEM or go for better plugs? Anything else that they should look for that isn't on the maintenance schedule?

Now keep in mind that this car is in mint condition, no creaks, ticks, rattles, clunks, thuds, not even buzzing (only the annoying but normal hassle of trying to get into reverse from time to time).My only complaints are bad brakes (see other thread) and the fuel consumption has been getting a little worse in the last 8 months. I used to get about 8 L/100 km highway and 9.5 city. Now I'm getting 9 highway and 10 city. I keep the revs to a moderate 4-5 k with a weekly trip to redline 8) Which is pretty d@mn good.!!

MINNOWS007

Keep up with maitanence and the car will last a long time. About the reverse being hard to get in gear. When it does that keep the clutch down and put it in first gear then reverse. First gear will syncronize the gears for reverse and then it will slip right in.

mac

Hey minnows007, thanks for the hint. I had already figured it out after the first few months of ownership, but it is still a pain in the @ss. It's also prevalent on many other MT. :roll:

Aphex

Holy shit, dumbass minnows actually served a purpose, and his post was almost grammatically correct.