96 integra ls b20b jdm swap won't start

Dpatrickburch

So over the weekend I got my b20b jdm motor (high compression) in and swapped out my old blown motor. Now then in the swapping process I used my ls manifolds and power steering pump and distributer but kept the jdm crank pully and alternator spark plugs and spark plug wires. I've done the crank position sensor by pass also. Now when cranking I know I get fuel and should be getting spark (tested with a old spark plug out of my b18 just no clue if the jdm ones are any different sort of thing) gets air and has compression because a few times it has tryed to turn over but no luck just get a little puff of exhaust gas out the tail and the timing belt seems to be fine I've looked it over. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out because I've tryed everything I could think of so far. Unless I need to change out the alternator and or fuel rail and injectors. (Because I think my injectors are not a stock b18b1 injectors bought the car from a guy that didn't know what work had been done to it by the owner before him.) And its really cold here so I don't know if that would affect the first time firing it up. But yea any suggestions or help would be much appreciated and I never never done this engine swap before but got all the heavy work done just need to get it started.

Last edited:

Dpatrickburch

Don't compression test and check all the grounds.
Well all the cylinders ar in between 140-150psi tested the spark again and I get really good spark the cylinders get gas just pulled the plug out and it was covered. But I realized that my air control valve was humming/buzzing fairly load so I'm going to take the jdm one off and put it on none of my fuses are blown either it's getting pretty frustrating at this point. Doubled checked cams match tdc and just I'm getting pretty stumped.

Rvguy27

My 98 ls has same issue. I got spark , will fire with starting fluid, no power at injectors. New ecu, jdm b20b obd2a, have all my grounds. Main relay tests good. Any ideas ?