Acceleration Hesitation

Ironmanchevy

Hey guys new to the forum.

I just bought a 1992 integra 5spd B18, It has an acceleration problem. When I accelerate between 1000-2600 rpm the engine stumbles and hesitates. It does this in all gears and seems like it loses all power. Once i get over 2600 the car takes off great. Its almost like something activates after that. It idles perfectly. I have replaced the timing belt, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, thermostat, fuel filter and the fuel pump. Ive checked all the vacuum hoses, IACV, triple checked the timing and checked the cam gears. I havent checked my O2 sensor or CAT yet, think it could be these? Help!! Thanks!!!

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
it is very possible its an o2 sensor or the cat... because it sounds like you hit all the other bases i would have said to try... have you done an intake manifold drip and cleaned the throttle body?

Ironmanchevy

I dont know what a manifold drip is. The throttle body seems clean. I dont see anything blackened. The engine light is off.

Xxoakclifftxx

The Hulk
run a fuel in jection cleaning. not through the gas tank.if u don't know how to do it ukjust take it to a lube tech. this process will clean inside the injectors as oppose to through the gas tank which cleans the tips. the injectors can get clogged which will restrict fuel flow.also check your spark plugs. if the gap is incorrect it could cause a lack in power.check for an intake manifold air leak. also checkyour ignition timing. but check the easy stuff first. u may as well do the injector cleaner anyway it will help with gas consumption also.

run a fuel in jection cleaning. not through the gas tank.if u don't know how to do it ukjust take it to a lube tech. this process will clean inside the injectors as oppose to through the gas tank which cleans the tips. the injectors can get clogged which will restrict fuel flow.also check your spark plugs. if the gap is incorrect it could cause a lack in power.check for an intake manifold air leak. also checkyour ignition timing. but check the easy stuff first. u may as well do the injector cleaner anyway it will help with gas consumption also.
He just changed the plugs, if he bought OEM NGKs they come pre-gapped. Most plugs you would buy at an auto parts store for an Integra are pre-gapped as well.

san_luis

Forget Cat or O2 sensor....i replace both in my integra RS 1990......and the problem remain !!!!!. My car have the same performance.....lazy and lack of power between 1000 RPM to 2000 RPM, but sundenly....take power. I suspect about ignition coil !!!!

x6h0ztx

I have the SAME problem. I have a B17A1. I cant hold a steady idle from 1000 to 3000, after i give more gas the rpm go up fast to almost red line.

I have the SAME problem. I have a B17A1. I cant hold a steady idle from 1000 to 3000, after i give more gas the rpm go up fast to almost red line.
Have you checked out the basics? Try everything the OP listed that he checked.

OP, you don't have an exhaust leak in front of the O2 sensor do you?

integration718

I had a similiar problem years ago but it was the distributor as the car ages parts wear out,so does the plastic inside the distributor check inside make sure your neg & pos that lead to your coil are'nt lose and that there is a plastic shield under rotor this shiels seperates your wiring from the cap and rotor,cause the spark can stilll feed the metal casing causing you to miss a cylinder spark.part number 30107-P08-006 leak cover
check it out see what happens.good luck

gs-r96

i had that same problem and it was fast idle valve its located on the back of the intakemanifold it has two hoses cooling lines and that thing suppost to close when the engine it worm put it stays open all the time and that causes that

i had that same problem and it was fast idle valve its located on the back of the intakemanifold it has two hoses cooling lines and that thing suppost to close when the engine it worm put it stays open all the time and that causes that
you just described the Idle Air Control valve, not the fast idle thermo vlalve.