Adjusting rev limiter

I've got a 94 LS and I want to lower the rev limiter on my car. I don't care whether the limiter cuts the ignition or the fuel, I just want it to engage at like 6500 RPM instead of like 7200 or wherever it does. Is there something innexpencive I can buy or do to my ECU to make this possible? I really just want whatever the least costly way is to do it.

Thanks

I've got a 94 LS and I want to lower the rev limiter on my car. I don't care whether the limiter cuts the ignition or the fuel, I just want it to engage at like 6500 RPM instead of like 7200 or wherever it does. Is there something innexpencive I can buy or do to my ECU to make this possible? I really just want whatever the least costly way is to do it.

Thanks
Why are you lowering the limiter op? Just wondering

Trying to take it easy on my engine because I drive it in the high end a lot and feel like bouncing it off the current rev limiter is too abusive. I smell something every time I rev past 6500. I just want my engine to live a little while. I know people say that you can let it bounce off the stock limiter all day, but I've got a bit of leak on one cylinder and I'd just feel better all around if it were set lower.

Last edited:
Trying to take it easy on my engine because I drive it in the high end a lot and feel like bouncing it off the current rev limiter is too abusive. I smell something every time I rev past 6500. I just want my engine to live a little while. I know people say that you can let it bounce off the stock limiter all day, but I've got a bit of leak on one cylinder and I'd just feel better all around if it were set lower.
Take it easy and learn self control. Why spend money >_<

It's not about self control, I'm not some idiot who just shifts my car at the redline for every shift on my way to work. When I drive aggressively, I feel like I'm wearing excessively on my engine. Obviously I could just be really careful not to let it rev past the point I don't want it to, but then I'd have to be more mindful and I'd have less fun. Plus I know that I'll obviously mess up sometimes.

It's not about self control, I'm not some idiot who just shifts my car at the redline for every shift on my way to work. When I drive aggressively, I feel like I'm wearing excessively on my engine. Obviously I could just be really careful not to let it rev past the point I don't want it to, but then I'd have to be more mindful and I'd have less fun. Plus I know that I'll obviously mess up sometimes.
That sounds like self control...& driver's skill.

i can foresee your signature changing to " 94 integra rebuilding motor because i abused it often. 91 civic hatchblack- currently replacing blown ZC with a new one"

i'm sorry but if you feel you are going to break your car driving it hard, then DONT. it's not that hard :)

Can't ask a simple question and get an answer. I'm not a professional driver, I enjoy driving my car spiritedly, just like most of you, however, I want to take it as easy on the engine as possible while still having fun. My solution is to lower the limiter, I just want to know how. Yes, I get it, I'm a shitty driver because I can't shift at the precise RPM I want to, 100% of the time, so I'd rather adjust the limiter.

The Bee*R is so badass. A buddy of mine had one on his Skyline. You can adjust it any time on the go at the twist of a knob, and it's a full on ignition cutoff, so if you don't have a cat, you toss a flame each time you hit your limit. Only problem is that they're crazy expensive.

VigLink badge