AEM V2 VS INJEN

Dsanchez16

Which CAI would be better on a 1994 Ls? Price does not matter...simply looking for which one will give me more boost, and what other parts would help me get the most out of my intake?

Darrell

umm, well intakes do not provide "boost" thats a turbine ;)

but, I prefer AEM because its CARB legal unlike most other intakes, not sure about INJEN.

And as far as helping your intake, I would go I/H/E that will give you some horses

imaginazn25

aem intakes are good for low end power and injen intakes are good for high end power, u shouldn't worry too much about intakes, they're just tubes that go to ur engine

Spec

Originally posted by "imaginazn25"

aem intakes are good for low end power and injen intakes are good for high end power, u shouldn't worry too much about intakes, they're just tubes that go to ur engine
Technically, but that tube can produce up to 25 hp on some cars. On a teg usually 13 hp if everything else is setup right for a V2. So you should worry about the intake. If thats not correct, the rest of your items will become underpowered.

imaginazn25

Originally posted by "Spec"

imaginazn25 said:
Technically, but that tube can produce up to 25 hp on some cars. On a teg usually 13 hp if everything else is setup right for a V2. So you should worry about the intake. If thats not correct, the rest of your items will become underpowered.
my friend put aem cai and greddy evo exhaust for his prelude vtec. he dynoed it both stock and after the mods and he gain absolutely NO HORSES

spoon.thai

i have the injen cai for my 94 ls, ithink its better than the aem, also cai doesnt really do anything by itself you need to combine it with say exhaust and headers to get the full potential of all three components cause they work better when together rather than each part by itself, but its up to you.....also whatever you do dont get a bypass if you get an aem, it may keep water from getting in, but it cancels all the pros of a cai.

b18c_teg

well how would that be poss, i went to get my car dynoed cuz i had added some venom cams and an AEM pulley to my teg and it dynoed at like 148hp @ the wheel and the guy from the shop replaced my stock intake with an (iceman cold air intake) and it went up to 154hp@ the wheel. soo im guessing the tube really matters.