After Getting Bottom End Re-Done Don't feel Vtec Kicking in

94dc2-4drgsr

Hi, I have just gotten my car from the shop from changing pistons, rods, and the crank, it rides flawlesly but after I hit the 6.000 rpms I don't hear the Vtec kicking in :( , all of the work done was at the bottom end of the engine, that i know of none of the head components where touched, could there be something wrong....loose, any sensors, I say this because the whole engine had to be taken apart, the block is the same B18C1......any ideas what to look for????? :?:

Thank You

Andres

JOEY

your oil pressure might be low or your vtec solenoid might not be working. or mabe youre just not hearing vtec engage. hopefully its not a big problem

Siccmade

should b able to feel it though. on my civic i actually never felt it till i raced itthen i really felt it and that was with sohc d16. jus smash and if it dun go then re check evrything listed above.

Baldy201

what exactly did you do to the bottom end? did you tune? like JOEY said it may be low pressure. I suggest taking it back to the shop and telling them what is wrong so the can fix it. if there is a problem.

b18c_teg

I agree u should take it back to the shop and have them take a look at it, i know v-tec dont work if ur speedometer is not working soo check that out.