Aftermarket alarm?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I took delivery of my 01 is3 just a little over 8 years ago. Not to long, i installed the Clifford Avantegard 5 with just about every add on that could be connected. Welp, the time has come where the alarm has being dying very slowly. It started last year when the temperature drops to freezing temps. Sometimes the alarm wont disarm or the car wouldnt remote start. Not at the same time. Then yesterday evening, i got out of my car and the car wouldnt arm. After about 5-10 mins, the alarm would start to work. When i was leaving, i had the car running by remote start, i disarmed the alarm and everything cut out again. Another 10-15 mins, the alarm started working again. At this point, you guys are already thinking, buy another alarm to replace the one i have. Yup, thats what i plan to do. I need your help on deciding on what is out there. 8 years is too long to just jump in feet first on purchasing another alarm. Help Me

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
No one has opinions about car alarms? Maybe i should have put o-b-a-m-a in the title to get people's opinions. Didnt think it was that hard to find people on here about car alarms. Guess ill just have to go to HT

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Any Viper Alarm system with a 2 way/remote start should suffice, the smartstart app on a smartphone is a plus to add also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phatintegra

Banned
Sounds like the frequency is getting weaker. I would replace the battery first then re-program the key fob. You can always get another key fob transmitter and program it to your DEI Clifford alarm.

Clifford, Viper, Python, Hornet , etc. is all DEI products.

HR there is a DEI products make a separate module that need to be purchase to use the smartphone apps.

94RS

No fucks given.
No one has opinions about car alarms? Maybe i should have put o-b-a-m-a in the title to get people's opinions. Didnt think it was that hard to find people on here about car alarms. Guess ill just have to go to HT

Quit being such a moody bitch. Go to Crutchfield or SonicElectronix and look up reviews...

Any Viper Alarm system with a 2 way/remote start should suffice, the smartstart app on a smartphone is a plus to add also.

Do you honestly think that Keanu can figure out how to work a car alarm through a smartphone...? Hell, can he even work a smartphone? :rolf:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Quit being such a moody b****. Go to Crutchfield or SonicElectronix and look up reviews...

Do you honestly think that Keanu can figure out how to work a car alarm through a smartphone...? Hell, can he even work a smartphone? :rolf:
Why didnt i think of that. Getting reviews from people who dont know anything about car alarms :roll:

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I got my alarm installed by a shop, fuck electrical modifications :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Damn right I'm mad, that shit is fluctuating now :rolf: